Collapse

MB trading historical data not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the issue with NinjaTrader 64 bit and MBT? This is a new one.

I have so many charts open and finally got tired of waiting when I changed symbols, and got this fabulous idea of using the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version machine with Windows 8.

It is telling me that MBT is NOT enabled for it. Does MBT need to be enabled for 64 bit or does Ninja have to have code that is enabled so that MBT interface can work with it?

This is utterly ridiculous. 1/2 baked solutions thrown out for end users to deal with.

Kenny

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration.

Since MB Trading does not currently offer a 64 bit compliant API this connection requires that NinjaTrader operate in 32 bit mode to connect. We await development from MB Trading to support connection in 64 bit mode.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle on the response to the NT 32bit vs. 64bit.

On another front, I am NOT sure that this is a Ninja issue or MBT issue.

I am using MBT as my stock (tick based) data feed. Everytime I switch from QQQ to FAS for example as a stock symbol with both having data fully populated on my PC, the switching of the charts takes over 2-5 minutes. I got a suggestion to turn off the "get data from server". What happened then was that in the morning when I got the PC/Ninja started, all my charts showed data from the time Ninja was started, which means, I am now missing the ETH data from early morning.

Well, that is NOT acceptable either. Switching time from one to another symbol was downloading ALL of the historical data (why is a mystery), and then turning the retrieval off means I have a BIG gaping hole in the data.

Is there a fix, or is this a MBT issue? There HAS to be a solution since there is something gravely wrong here.

Kenny

Comment

Hello,

So that I may further investigate please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140325.txt' file.

Comment

Thanks very much Kyle. I sent it out to you, and hoping that you can help resolve some or all of the issues since I am very close to making 'real money trades' through Ninja.

Kenny

Comment

I am having the same problem now. When I try to download the historical data the window will pop up.

It worked properly for a long time, and this happened quite recently.

What can I do ? Waiting for the internet provider to improve their service ?

Comment

Hello wolfcuring,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151012.txt'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005
                by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                2 responses