Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedro,

Here's the HiLoActivator with the default High/Low replaced with the HeikenAshi High/Low.

When you use this indicator, you can leave the Input series property set to the default value (which should be the chart's instrument).

I'm not sure how the HeikenAshi works, so if something doesn't appear right, please feel free to let me know and we'll get it working!

Kenny
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Coder_Kenny,
      The Indicator works very well,but had only one problem:the indicator calculate the avarege of just 3 prev highs or lows.I need parameters like in my indicator,with parameter I can choose the lenght(3 or 4 or 5 or etc..)
      Thanks,
      Pedro Ivo

Comment

Hi,

I would like to have the strategy for ATM to handle the trade once it is triggered.

Thanks.

Subodh Shourie

Comment

I'm glad it's working for you Pedro. The HiLo Activator that you linked to me has a description "Calculates average of 3 prev highs or lows for use as stop". Can you send me a link to the one you're using now that has unlimited params?

Comment

Originally posted by pedroivo96 View Post
            Thanks Coder_Kenny,
            The Indicator works very well,but had only one problem:the indicator calculate the avarege of just 3 prev highs or lows.I need parameters like in my indicator,with parameter I can choose the lenght(3 or 4 or 5 or etc..)
            Thanks,
            Pedro Ivo
            Will add a Heiken-Ashi option to the indicator, link below

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Just did not have time last week-end.

Comment

Indicator modification help

hello,

first of all I would like to say thank you for the offering and everyone who help other people!
              I don’t want to create a completely new indicator, all I need is a modification on a well known indicator.
              All the GOM package and volume ladder are excellent tools to analyze markets especially if you follow the flow of orders and distribution of volume.

I use the volume ladder in delta mode, when the value (bars and numbers) of volume and delta appears in different column.
              It is good because you can see the distribution of both the volume and delta within a time interval at first glance.
              The part of volume is ok, but there is one thing that is more important then the value of delta itself, the ratio of the volume.
              From this point of view the pure delta distribution is misleading.

In my opinion it will be useful to see them in one column in the same bar and enough the value of the volume.

This is not my invention of course this is what GomDeltaVolume shows but only horizontally.
              It would be useful to see the clusters and the volume profile the same way.

Thank you
              Andre
              Attached Files
              Last edited by andre.adamov; 07-24-2012, 09:59 AM. Reason: completing

Comment

Looking for help with a strategy

Hello Everyone,
                I'm basically new to NinjaTrader and NinjaScript. I want to play with a simple strategy, but I don't know how to put it into NinjaScript. I started reading and playing with the custom indicators and custom strategies and back testing. Sometimes I can get things to work and other times I can't get them to work. Not sure why ... I'm not a software engineer. So this is my strategy. I want to create a strategy with a Bollinger Band and 20 EMA. When price hits the upper Bollinger band on a daily chart, I want to short and when price hits the 20 EMA I want to exit my position. Can someone please help me with this. Also, is there a library of already developed custom indicators and strategies some where?

Thanking you,
                Michael

Comment

Coder Kenny,

Any chance you can code an arrow signal when the ChikoSpan cross outside below/above the ichimoku cloud? (I know its lagging 26 bars, and I still need to have the signal on the current bar that will show the ChikoSpan crossing out 26 bars back)

Thanks in advance.

T.

Comment

ChickSpan signal

Anyone?

Can anyone help me with a code to place an arrow signal when the ChikoSpan cross outside below/above the ichimoku cloud? (I know its lagging 26 bars but I still need to see the signal on the current bar that will show the ChikoSpan crossing out 26 bars back)

Thanks in advance.

T.

Comment

Anyone?
                      I got a PM from Kenny that is working on it but if anyone has the answer he will not need to spend his time on it.

T.

Comment

help on indicators

Harry,
                        i'm looking for an indicator similar to ninja HMAColourChange, but would like the indicator for SMA. This indicator changes the color of the moving average based on slope, up or down. I followed ninja forum links for this indicator but they lead nowhere. i am not an elite member of bigmike so my access is limited. I would appreciate your help. Thank you, skipper

Comment

If you look for an indicator that changes the color based on slope, this is pretty easy to code

Add two colors in the variables section, then add the code below to OnBarUpdate()

Code:
                          if (Rising(Values[0]))
                               PlotColors[0][0] = upColor;
                          else if(Falling(Values[0])) 
                               PlotColors[0][0] = downColor;
                          else
                               PlotColors[0][0] = PlotColors[0][1];
                          Then serialize the colors in the properties, that is about all to do.

Originally posted by skipper View Post
                          Harry,
                          i'm looking for an indicator similar to ninja HMAColourChange, but would like the indicator for SMA. This indicator changes the color of the moving average based on slope, up or down. I followed ninja forum links for this indicator but they lead nowhere. i am not an elite member of bigmike so my access is limited. I would appreciate your help. Thank you, skipper

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            If you look for an indicator that changes the color based on slope, this is pretty easy to code

Add two colors in the variables section, then add the code below to OnBarUpdate()

Code:
                            if (Rising(Values[0]))
                                 PlotColors[0][0] = upColor;
                            else if(Falling(Values[0])) 
                                 PlotColors[0][0] = downColor;
                            else
                                 PlotColors[0][0] = PlotColors[0][1];
                            Then serialize the colors in the properties, that is about all to do.
                            thanks for your time harry, i found what i needed,
                            i appreciate your time for a newbie

skipper

Comment

Question

Is this post still valid? Is there a person still coding an indicator for free? Thanks

Comment

NinjaScript Development for Market Analyzer

Hello there,

I'm looking for a coder who can help me with Ninjascript. I want Market Analyzer to prompt me when the price hits Bollinger Band limits. I will take a bid for the job.

Thanks,

Jasmine

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                                0 responses