Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

does NT have a split screen editor feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available however it is something which development is considering adding in the future. I will forward your support for the addition of this type of feature to them for further consideration.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello joemiller,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available however it is something which development is considering adding in the future. I will forward your support for the addition of this type of feature to them for further consideration.
      Kyle or anyone at NT

hopefully this feature, three / four years later has stabilized and been included, in the NT 7.x framework.

This would really be a huge boost in productivity and usefulness, as the jump to light speed (NT8) is so disruptive (in that all prior NT7 codes, indicators and such will be lost).

what's the status on this matter of split screen / display docking and multiple actively displayed workspaces at same time?

Comment

kronie,

Thanks for your reply post.

Could you provide some further details on your last question, would this be in regards to an existing feature request?
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it has been several years since these questions have been addressed, and I was hoping that in the interim, perhaps, hopefully, the ability to show multiple active workspaces under NT7.x has been enabled.

I was hoping that this would offer the ability to assign one workspace to one monitor, and so forth, logically through all desired available monitors. Say in a 4 plex or a 4 split screen scenario, one workspace could be assigned to one virtual monitor (split screen) and so on. Or if I chose to use 3 of 4 active monitors, then have 3 active workspaces open and active.

I do not know what is envolved, or how this would be accomplished, as it does require some programmatic efforts.

LG offers a 21:9 ration UltraWide monitor using their customized Split Screen ver2.0, which allows one physical monitor to take on two or more virtual workspaces or virtual monitors.

Those are my facts, or understandings.

Please feel free to step in here

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and clarifying.

There would not be an update on this feature request at this time, and only one workspcae may be actively viewed at a time in NinjaTrader 8 as well. Feature Requests are considered as possible additions or enhancements to future releases of the platform, though I'm happy to submit this as a vote towards this feature request.
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for clarifying this issue. This not only goes beyond NT7 / NT8 but pushes the boundaries with the compilers in being able to "assign video content" to a selected "virtual monitor", instead of just to "the display / output".

This problem is similar to the split and merge issue that software language compilers had in taking advantage of multiple CPUs threads. For years, multiple threaded cpus have not improved machine performance in any demonstrable manner as long as the split and merge of sub-tasks had been worked out in conjunction with the language compilers.

in the immediate, then I will have to use work-arounds. It seems this issue plagues most retail and some semi-institutional trading software platforms.

(tweet) ... shame

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              170 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80  
              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes