Why does the Super Dome stalls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the Super Dome stalls?

During the busy times the Dome is stalling for a few seconds and more. What is surprising is that I write the ticks to a txt file and that held up pretty well! Why is that?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Try the performance tips here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html

Also make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader. Check under Help --> About.

Download here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

6.5.10.7 is my version and I only use 2 charts a single tick and a 150 and my comp has 2 gig mem and is fast. Like I said, this seems to be a Dome problem, since my txt keeps up which gets it's data from a 1 tick chart! So if the chart maintains pace then obviously the source of the problem can only be the Dome and not my version nor my setup or the comp.
      Understandingly, the Dome uses the depth which produces more traffic but stil what good is it if at the worst time it freezes up on you?!
      The other thing is when loading a chart and when one gets the death message "this request can't be aborted" until chart loaded etc and for a few seconds again the dome and everything else in NT freezes too while the chart is loading.
      BTW, that message is the biggest nuisance ever, since it stays on top and it can't be got rid of. Is ther a way to not get that message?

Comment

Hello mktrend,

The issue is not related to the SuperDOM itself. It seems your workspace (total data request) is requesting too much resources.

Do you have any indicators applied on your charts? If so, please set "Calulate on bar close" to True and check again.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

If the issue persists after applying the tips in the link provided at post # 2, please send your workspace to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header and reference this thread.

You can find your workspace files at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->workspaces.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 10-30-2008, 07:17 AM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes