Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Installation - Unable to Connect to Database Error

Hi,

I've just downloaded NinjaTrader to my laptop, running Windows 7 SP1, and when I try to load I am receiving the following error message 'Unable to connect to database"
    ObjectSpace:COnnection String is Invalid - Exeption has been thrown by the target of an invocation'

I've tried the fix described in this forum, by downloading and installing the latest version of SQL Compact 64bit version, and I managed to load NinjaTrader once, but since closing it I'm getting the same error message again.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Parkzo

Hello Parkzo,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put
    ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

In this email, please provide me with your latest Log and Trace files.
    You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named log.20120419.txt

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named trace.20120419.txt

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cameron,

Have just sent those details now...

Comment

Parkzo,

We have received the files, I will follow up with you via email.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks.

Comment

I am having a similar problem.

I will send you an email now.

Comment

NT7 won't open

New user, want to try NT to compare to my current trading software

When I try and open it I get the same error as above. Win7 64bit machine, 12GB ram

I copied this from the tracefile:

2012-10-30 01:01:03:651 (Db) Db.Globals.get_ConnectionString: >Data Source="C:\Users\Buff\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf"<
              2012-10-30 01:01:16:414 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
              2012-10-30 01:01:16:414 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
              2012-10-30 01:01:16:414 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              2012-10-30 01:01:16:414 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.ToString()
              at System.Exception.ToString()
              at System.Exception.ToString()
              at System.String.Concat(Object arg0, Object arg1)
              at NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.get_Engine()
              at NinjaTrader.Gui.Globals.ApplicationStart()
              at NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenterForm.Application_Idle (Object sender, EventArgs e)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
              at NinjaTrader.NTMain.Main()

I have not gotten NT to open at all. I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice now, but the same error causes it to close without ever opening
              Last edited by BuffaloA10; 10-29-2012, 11:18 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Hello BuffaloA10,

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
                Add and remove software/programs
                Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
                Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
                Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
                Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
                SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
                SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
                Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
                Once installed you will need to restart your PC
                You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
                If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know and provide me with your phone number so that I may call you to further assist.

Comment

SQL installed

Cameron

Thank you. I had installed the latest SQL server prior to making my post. It still does not work

Comment

BuffalloA10,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Include your Phone number and a good time for us to reach you at.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cre8able  
                    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes