Add color as allowable input parameter for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add color as allowable input parameter for indicators

It would be nice if, instead of setting input parameters as int, double, bool, or string, we could also set a color value.

Yes, the wizard asks for plot and their colors, but that isn't the point. There are times when color is needed as an input parameter, and not part of a plot series:
    • I may want ONE plot series with multiple colors, not a handful of plot series each with their own color.
    • I may not have a plot series at all, but rather my indicator draws trendlines of various colors.
    • I may want to specify separate colors for other entities, such as text labels.
    I can't do these things because there isn't any input parameter type for color. I know I can simply have integers inputs as colors, but this isn't practical when applying the indicator to a chart.

-Alex

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please see this tip for creating color based inputs.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! That looks simple enough. I hope this can be integrated into a future release.
      -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by anachronist View Post
        It would be nice if, instead of setting input parameters as int, double, bool, or string, we could also set a color value.

Yes, the wizard asks for plot and their colors, but that isn't the point. There are times when color is needed as an input parameter, and not part of a plot series:
        • I may want ONE plot series with multiple colors, not a handful of plot series each with their own color.
        • I may not have a plot series at all, but rather my indicator draws trendlines of various colors.
        • I may want to specify separate colors for other entities, such as text labels.

I can't do these things because there isn't any input parameter type for color. I know I can simply have integers inputs as colors, but this isn't practical when applying the indicator to a chart.

-Alex
        I second this
        ~J

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. This has been sent to our development team for further consideration.

Here is an example of user-definable color inputs in NinjaTrader 7 using NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4977

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Ninja MichaelM

After going thru some gyrations with Ninja 8 because of some erroneous documentation I have learned how to do this in Ninja 8 which is slightly different than NT7 which you posted. I believe the original comment was regarding NT8. I still think it should be added as part of the NT8 Wizard.

Regards
            ~J

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

We are currently in the process of updating the documentation for NinjaTrader 8. I believe the original post in this thread was created before NinjaTrader 7 was released, however I have confirmed this feature has been submitted for consideration into NinjaTrader 8 as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
              Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Brushes will be added to the Wizard's Input Parameter options in NT8 Beta 3 per #8417
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes