Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting the Most out of Interactive Brokers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the Most out of Interactive Brokers!!

I have been spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out whether or not to switch to ZENFIRE from IB. While many say that IB is way slower, the IB TECHIES swear that it's not, that they have a terminal in Chicago next to every other broker. So while this may cause some debate; HERE ARE THE the optimization tips from the IB Tech Support Staffers:

1.) Ram Ram Ram --- 4 Gigs if you have both apps running.
    2.) Optimize - have the latest version of JAVA (dump your temp files often) and the latest version of TWS--check the websites becuase the auto updates don't always work.
    3.) Resource allocation -- RIGHT CLICK ON THE TWS ICON on you desktop -> Properties and you see:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx256M jclient/LoginFrame C:\Jts

The red underlined section is the memory allocation of the TWS application. You can change the 256 to 1028 (that a full gig!!!) Or to 512 or 768. They click apply. If you're on vista follow the admin prompts.

THEN CHECK YOUR WORK BY REPEATING THE PROCESS.

So those are the main ways to keep TWS running quicker.... hope this helps any of the other INTERACTIVE BROKER users.

Thanks mainstream. I will give it a try.

Comment

ram

Hi,

I increased the ram value, but as you can see in your taskmanager (process javaw.exe)it will not use more ram than needed. Mine stops at 115mb with 3 symbols.

Comment

Mine only uses 84. Ninja 123. Firefox 179 with woodies online charts...

My guess would be, try using the IB chart, Option trader, and book trader all at once and it might pull more system resources... or wait until data really pours in at 10am today

Perhaps someone from Interactive Brokers could address this...

Comment

mainstream

Thanks for taking time to post!!!!! Could you explain exactly which temp files to dump?
          lawyse
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Affordable Indicators

Comment

Hi,
            I am finally get NT7 and TWS set up on my new 64bit Windows 7 machine, and have made good progress with the installation, however I am having trouble with getting TWS running,

I installed the latest version of TWS standalone (909) and have Java 6.0.210.7 installed.

When I first clicked TWS icon to run, it said it couldn't find javaw.exe. I found the note here about copying javaw.exe from the Java folder and pasting in C:\Windows\System folder, and also the SysWOW folder.

Now whenever I click the TWS icon, nothing happens at all.

There are no processes starting up in Task Manager that I can see, so am finding this quite confusing.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Antraman

EDIT: having ongoining problems, continued here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=35113
            Last edited by Antraman; 10-31-2010, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post TraderBCL  
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post martin70