Abbreviations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbreviations

Hello. I tried to find a list of all the abbreviations used within NinjaTrader but could not find one. If one exists I would appreciate you directing me to it.

If it does not exist, then my suggestion is to get one assembled and issued and kept updated. It's not only a nice to have but a must and if NinjaTrader would do it, it would be the first to do so. If one studies something to understand it this includes by necessity all the abbreviations that are being used. And if they are explained as to what they stand for it enables understanding.

I am used to saying NT now instead of NinjaTrader. Or EMA instead of Exponential Moving Average, LR for Linear Regression, but there are still hundreds of abbreviations I have no clue about. Especially those used within NT.

Like there is an option to chose between WDS or WYS when setting up an EMA. WYS I remembered as meaning "What You See". But I had to search for 30 minutes until I found it stands for "Woodies Slope".

Anyway, that is my suggestion if such a list does not yet exist.

Over to you.

sandman

Hello sandman,

Thank you for your post.

This is an interesting idea. You may want to begin a forum thread that would address this very item. With so many active users on the forum you would probably be able to compile a very significant list of the acronyms and abbreviations you are most interested in.

If you decide to get this going then make sure to post the new thread link to this thread & we can monitor & contribute as needed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chip.

I will start it off when I have the time to get the ball rolling.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post i019945nj  
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes