Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will develop your indicator for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fddayan View Post
    I will develop the indicator that you have in mind for free.

What do I get from these? 1) I'm starting to develop indicators and I need to practice 2) I will learn how to use your indicator

I'm a software developer with 8 years experince I have developed a few indicators in ninja trader.

send me a message in the forum and we get in contact
    Ik like to have a Wolfe Wave indicator in Ninja Trader and cannot find one already. I found some code to start of with. Can you help out. All help is very welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pingpong; 06-06-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Guys,

Just an observation, but fddayan has not responded or even logged back on to the forum since his original post, so this thread might be a black hole.

Mike

Comment

The tread does indicate how many have had trouble
        making NT do want they want however.

The few sample programs in the PDF are insufficient to give one
        a good understanding of how to program.

Varied on-line tutorials of C# are not NT specific.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
          Guys,

Just an observation, but fddayan has not responded or even logged back on to the forum since his original post, so this thread might be a black hole.

Mike
          Nice observation.

You're right it doesn't look like he's coming back. Maybe someone else will get some ideas though.

Comment

Would you be able to develop this indicator?

Just asking if it's possible (in Ninja & C#)?

Comment

Originally posted by jabeztrading View Post
              Hi fddayan,

You have alot on the plate already. But if you get time can you check out 5iver request:

5iver want to and quote

"
              Just a modest request...

Is there anyone around who could mod the default Swing Hi/Lo indie (attached) to only show the last swing (hi and lo)? That is, as opposed to plotting all the swings back through the whole chart.

And also, have the plot just keep on plotting until price hits it (to keep the plot near the action).

I guess such an indie woud be called a "Last Hi/Lo" indie...

I'd do it myself... but I've no idea how.

Greatly appreciated if possible."

I myself would like to see how this one can be done. Thank you so much.
              I attempted to do it myself. Follow link below

Comment

My experience with Last hi/Low indicator is that it is a memory hog.

If left running for more than a day it would slow down then lock up my computer.

RJay
                RJay
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Here's something that might be to easy for you , but all I'd like to do this
                  indicator is remove the X lines ,and leave the rest the same .. If you use
                  this indicator several times on the same chart ,it gets real messy . tia .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                    Here's something that might be to easy for you , but all I'd like to do this
                    indicator is remove the X lines ,and leave the rest the same .. If you use
                    this indicator several times on the same chart ,it gets real messy . tia .
                    Tia,

Try commenting out these lines of code. ( // )

// DrawLine("L1"+id,StartBar,h,EndBar,l,Color.Blue,DashStyle.Dot,1 );
                    // DrawLine(
                    "L2"+id,StartBar,l,EndBar,h,Color.Blue,DashStyle.Dot,1 );
                    // DrawLine(
                    "L3"+id,EndBar,l,EndBar,h,Color.Green,DashStyle.Dot,1) ;
                    // DrawLine(
                    "L4"+id,StartBar,l,StartBar,h,Color.Red,DashStyle.Dot, 1);

Compile, save, reload script.

RJay

RJay
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

RJay , thank you much . Did the trick .

Comment

hi fiddayan

I have a problem with the Average true range. I use a 20 bars atr and I trade 10 min bar on mini russell. It should give me an atr value of about 2 but ninja trader is currently giving 1,2. I've verified with other friends traders and they ahd 1,9 - 2,1. How can I do to increase the sensitivity of my Atr? I already tried reducing the number of bars but it didn't worked.

best regards and tks

alessandro

Comment

pin bar, and two bar reverse, and engolfing candle alert

first of thank you for you're help in advance. this is so kind of you to help others. i have some ideas to make the worlds first holy grail system ever.
                          i know they say it can not be done, but i am not they! i have the trading
                          experience but little programing experience, so thank you so much for you're
                          help.

i would like to start the system with this indicator first if it's passable.

i would love to have an alert that sounds on , a two bar revers, pin bar,
                          I.E. hammer, and engulfing candle. at the close of such candles.

i would like a secondary alert sound when price has closed in this manner
                          just after a break out level. such as chins break out level indicator.
                          or any break out level indicator.

the break out part not only should detect consolidation breaks, but
                          also new recent highs, recent new lows.
                          the break out indicators i have ever seen are all incorrect.this next
                          part is new to traders eyes but it is correct. i need it to detect
                          a retest old support new resistance, but only if this old support
                          new resistance is breached contrary to what other think. not
                          near by or close to but breached. this can be confusing so i will
                          send screen shots of any questions you may have, or any other assistance
                          i can provide i will be more than happy to help. that's the least i could do.

i would also love a VSA, Volume Spread Analysis - alert with in this alert.
                          as text saying simply ,low tick volume, low spread, high tick volume, high spread. at the close of such bars. pin bars, engulfing, two bar reverse.

this is no easy task. i should tell you but you will be famous if you can
                          pull off stage one of the system i have in mind.

i am taking Questions: at [email protected]

Comment

second stage of system.

the second part of this system.

i would like an indicator that knows when low volume, low spreads
                            happen at the same time over extended number of bars, any thing
                            over three bars.

this indicator need to know price action again, two bar revers, pin bars,
                            engulfing. this indicator after detecting consolidation or (low volume, low spreads) looks for price action to close.

as soon as the close i need it to plot all the masses traders stops on the chart, and show an entry spots.

i need it to keep detecting short and long price action signals.

and plot both short and long traders stops.

now you may be LOL right now saying that's not possible.

the fact is not only is it possible, i will give you all the entry and
                            stops traders use in advance. all the indicator needs to do is
                            know the entry point, which is right after price action close.
                            and the level 10 pips below or above price action signal is
                            where the stops are. then when the stops are hit a need a
                            distinctive sound alert. for this level being hit.

stage two if this is possable would be awesome thank you.

Comment

the third stage of the system.

i would love to have. a indicator that takes the historic place in history.
                              that is right here right now.

this indicator has never been attempted before and will revolutionize trading for ever. if it can be done and it will i know it.

here it is: the first indicator to truly see the future with 95% accuracy.

it can't be done by constant human observations, but it can threw knowledge of trading and mathematics.

here we go.

i need, i want, i will do anything for this indicator. i can not believe i am
                              saying this out load. giving this out like this could give someone else credit for my work but that's ok. this is my contrabution

i need an indicator that is first of all a MTF indicator that knows the testing
                              that has already happened on the daily weekly and monthly. (price levels
                              that have been tested and repelled price), and how far in the range are
                              we in! perspective after that test.(with current momentum)
                              stepping down each time frame, identifying when was the last reflective
                              test, plotting the range left on a constant basis. on each time frame.

then i need the data to be meshed into one data plug in. this is where we
                              are and with the given range and time left to complete the ranges in fulfillment, or (Obligation to range) with respect to each other.

monthly obligation - time left
                              weekly obligation - time left
                              daily obligation - time left.

close approximate monthly calculations, in a strong down trend.for one year! gbp/jpy

#1- 4,250 pips against the trend
                              #2 - 4,250 pips making that ground up with the trend
                              #3 - 6,200 pips free of inside movement with the trend.
                              #4 - 10,500 pips netted on the yearly trend.
                              #5 - 1,500 pips ATR average true range per month.

math check________1,500 pips X 12 months = 19,000 pips.
                              math check________4,250 + 4,250 +10,500 = 19,000 pips
                              did not calculate free of inside movement because it is already included
                              into the 10,500 pips of the net total.

these calculation are kinder to the trend on the monthly, as we move down
                              the pip count increases and so does the movements against the trend.
                              which may seem mathematically imposable, but i can prove it.

monthly reflected tops or bottoms, major support, major resistance, - and current distance form these points along with current daily trend. tracking
                              the distance against the trend or with the trend on a constant range basis. you may say range calculators already do this. no they do not.
                              they have no price over lapping byes.

#1- ATR calculator should not give an arbatrary range. the true range
                              is about 30% with the trend on the monthly basis. you have to subtract
                              the graound lost and the ground made regaining that loss.
                              simple: a side ways move is not a trend, or even a positive range movement. it,s constant addition and subtraction of range movements.

then i need an obligation of range scenario set forward in time.
                              obligation to short and long. this range should start at a level 40%
                              inside the previous month, if this month does not meet this obligation,
                              then it should pass the left over obligation to the next month.
                              gbp/jpy has 600pips. of inside bar monthly obligation, on average.
                              lets say you only get 10 percent one particular months obligation, which is 150 pips. that leaves 450pips. that is over due. against the trend.

this is how a monthly range calculator should really work.
                              the other thing a range calculator should do is if you get a small range
                              for the month it should automatically calculate an additional range charge
                              or increase of range for the next month, and so on. so you know range
                              trend increase is over due. trending strength is over due.

you combine all this a range calculator that calculates this way
                              on the monthly, with one that calculates this way on the weekly
                              then the same on the daily. then you have a MTF range calculator that
                              could way the over do probabilities with momentum. or when
                              banks and institution slowly take off blocks of trades to carefully
                              not let a dramatic slide in an up trend happen, then switch positions.
                              because the price is valued to high to fast, or maybe the price is
                              not valued enough?

a reflected price test that has already a cured and momentum retest
                              probabilities. this indicator needs to know the large test stage,
                              or monthly stage. the secondary test stage the weekly, and the
                              daily momentum and momentum length probabilities.

this indicator needs to know ranges, monthly, weekly, daily ranges.
                              this indicator needs to know weekly break out levels and consolidation.
                              at support or resistance. not just ranges but how ranges should be
                              calculated.

Comment

range calculators are not smart enough

i noticed a problem with the ATR calculator.

the ATR calculator is well lets say stupid.
                                it's not an application that is useful to true trader.
                                even though traders use it and love it, the ATR
                                calculator is simply not even practical to the
                                trading mind.

the darn thing is not that smart.
                                this indicator i have in mind could revolutionize trading.

here is a list of what the ATR calculator does not
                                do, and should do in order to sufficiently useful.

#1. it should give a high and low range price
                                or line on the screen, that range should be 40%
                                against the trend. this 40% range is a counter
                                trend normal deviation.

#2. the calculator should calculate the medium range for at least 100 bars.

#3 the calculator should have a separate calculation when a range has not been met
                                then it should show a lack of obligation to
                                the range of X- amount of pips, in X - amount of candles. and keep adding lack of obligation from each candle to keep a rolling tally.
                                range over due (not enough).

this part should be a function choice, or box
                                that can be checked in inputs.

#4 - the range should be split into 60% positive
                                and 40% negative range in an up trend.

#5 - the range should be 60% negative and 40%
                                positive in a down trend.

#6 or neutral range 50% to 50%

the other input should be: descending or ascending
                                wedge range calculations box.
                                this will have to be later improvement until l work
                                out the numbers.

NORMAL RANGE.

the on going calculations should reflect
                                a constant deviation. example: if ATR is 100 for
                                the last 100 bars.

lack of normal range. example 85

to much range. example 115.

then we would be in a normal range, for two days.

example.

lack of range for three days.

day 1 -20
                                day 2 - 30
                                day 3 - 50

then we have an increased obligation of 100 pips
                                over due.

99% of candles on the chart over lap. inside bars
                                retracments, 50% pull backs etc.

example will use is: when we check the uptrend
                                box in inputs, and 100 pips is our normal range.

positive range in an up trend is 60% or 60 pips
                                negative range in an up trend 40% or 40 pips

lets say we got this: 3 day retrace of 200 pips
                                NORMAL RANGE for 3 days is 300 pips.

3 days lack of positive range = -180 pips

3 days of negative range -120 met and exceeded
                                by -80 pips

3 days of normal range not met -100 pips.

so the trend NORMAL RANGE obligation increase
                                is 100 pips up over due + 180 pips of positive
                                range over due. + 80 pips of exceeded negative
                                range due back to the positive side.

100+180+80= 360 pips due to the trend.

so if we started to rejoin the trend we would
                                have a new range or supplemental range
                                calculation. now we cut the negative obligation
                                by 50% witch is then only 20 pips. and the
                                over all range size by 10 % now we have
                                120 pip up range with 20 pip pull back range
                                expected or projected.
                                until we normalize or the 360 pip obligation has been met.

you see small ranges lead to large ranges, an average is just that
                                an average. so when we have a series of low averages we should
                                have a make up average, over due average.

we should have an input function of market conditions.
                                up trend
                                down trend
                                flat or small function
                                descending wedge
                                ascending wedge
                                volatile and side ways range

the range calculator should keep up with range conditions
                                compared to the average.

it can be done with back testing history and mathematics.

some day you will see this sophistication.

you may even see an attached HH,LL,HL,LL trending swing indicator
                                along with this indicator.
                                along with a multiple time frame version of this.
                                so while you sit on the daily, you know the daily and weekly,
                                ranges and fluctuations.

this is the holy grail a MTF range fluctuation indicator, that sets
                                out time and counts days left with obligations met or not met or exceeded.
                                obligations in ranges met or not met on time frames above you.

positive and negative obligation ratio compared to market conditions.

final thoughts: the real problem for traders that have worked so hard
                                and long to be successful is:not how to enter, not what to look for,
                                not where to put stops, not how to use leverage, not any analysis.
                                most traders that trade from how are so well educated they no
                                more about the market than most flour traders, and they defiantly
                                no more than fund managers.
                                the allusive thing for us is flour traders can see the orders set in
                                we can't so they know how far things will go with total confidence.
                                it,s like getting the answers to test ahead of time. that's why they do
                                not have to be as good as we are. they just cheat.

so for us the finial real information we need, is ranges so we know how
                                far, but we need the ranges to keep up with conditions and fluctuations not an arbitrary number, or average!!!
                                Last edited by boerichen; 06-21-2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH