Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pivot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just made some small changes to the indicator, I am not sure, whether it is what you want. I will not post this anywhere else...

There is a small flaw: It will only print for the second bar of the session. Otherwise it would produce lots of vertical lines. Can be used for day session or 24 hour session of index futures.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
      This is not difficult to code, but it would make the indicator even more complicated. Also I am not sure, what this can be used for?

Do you have some indicator coding skills?
      Very limited on programing . I was going to post a snap shot showing
      the previous session and how price halted right to the penny on the
      pivot point ,but after disconnecting from my data feed and re connecting ,
      the values have all changed . Odd ...

Comment

I just made some small changes to the indicator, I am not sure, whether it is what you want. I will not post this anywhere else...

There is a small flaw: It will only print for the second bar of the session. Otherwise it would produce lots of vertical lines. Can be used for day session or 24 hour session of index futures.
        Thanks Harry . I see on your pic it plots properly , I'm currently trying it on
        a 120 minute chart and it's showing the same values on the previous sessions
        as the current session ? Tried it on a 1 hour chart , still all sessions have the
        same values ? This is on 6C , 24 hour chart .

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
          Thanks Harry . I see on your pic it plots properly , I'm currently trying it on
          a 120 minute chart and it's showing the same values on the previous sessions
          as the current session ? Tried it on a 1 hour chart , still all sessions have the
          same values ? This is on 6C , 24 hour chart .
          Never mind , changing it from daily bars to intra day data solved the problem . Thanks again for making the changes .

Comment

It definitely plots correctly on a 120 min chart in DailyBars mode. This is a chart of 6E (I do not trade 6C), which uses the same sessions.
            Attached Files

Comment

It definitely plots correctly on a 120 min chart in DailyBars mode. This is a chart of 6E (I do not trade 6C), which uses the same sessions.
              Odd , I'll post a pic later . Maybe it's my chart session times ???

Comment

If you set it to UserDefinedValues, it will plot the same values for the past sessions, but in DailyBars mode this will not happen.

Comment

Don't know why it's doing it for me , but if I set it to intraday data it works fine .
                  I'm completely happy to see that it does work one way or the other . thx .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Who is your data supplier? Can you display a daily chart of 6C?

What are your session settings in the indicator dialogue and under chart properties?

Don't know why it's doing it for me , but if I set it to intraday data it works fine .
                    I'm completely happy to see that it does work one way or the other . thx .
                    Last edited by Harry; 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Who is your data supplier? Can you display a daily chart of 6C?

What are your session settings in the indicator dialogue and under chart properties?
                      It's Trading Technologies and that must be the problem ,because the only
                      way I can get daily bars is to build them out of minute data . Only a couple days
                      plot if set to daily . Mystery solved .

Comment

If you do not have daily data, the indicator can not plot in DailyBars mode.

However, there is another mystery:

If there is no daily data, the indicator plots an error message - see left chart below. So this means that your daily data base is not empty, but that there is at least one day you managed to enter somehow.
                        It's Trading Technologies and that must be the problem ,because the only
                        way I can get daily bars is to build them out of minute data . Only a couple days
                        plot if set to daily . Mystery solved .
                        Attached Files

Comment

If you do not have daily data, the indicator can not plot in DailyBars mode.

However, there is another mystery:

If there is no daily data, the indicator plots an error message - see left chart below. So this means that your daily data base is not empty, but that there is at least one day you managed to enter somehow.
                          Now that I think about it , I've never any luck on daily bars with TT . Always
                          had to build higher time frames out of minute bars . I suppose at some point
                          I'll have to get one of those high buck data feeds , but it's alright for now .
                          Still a mystery where the daily bar came from ....and thanks again for the
                          edit ....

Comment

With NT7 you can easily build daily data from intraday data.

(1) export intraday data
                            (2) set session template to define daily session
                            (3) reimport intraday data as daily data

I tested it and it works fine. But you would have to do an update every day to include the daily data of the prior day. So a decent data feed might be the best solution in the end.

Now that I think about it , I've never any luck on daily bars with TT . Always
                            had to build higher time frames out of minute bars . I suppose at some point
                            I'll have to get one of those high buck data feeds , but it's alright for now .
                            Still a mystery where the daily bar came from ....and thanks again for the
                            edit ....

Comment

Just something I noticed . It doesn't skip a bar if you have the chart up and
                              running before the preset session change occurs . If I refresh the chart, then
                              the 1st bar will disappear . Hope that's useful info .

Comment

Hi Harry .
                                Quick question . I've gone through and done some editing . Just line width
                                and type ,but now I'm wondering . There are some plots that I have turned
                                Transparent ,but the price scale marker still shows up and usually covers the
                                visible price markers . Is there a way to get rid of the Transparent one's but
                                not the visible ones ? thx .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                                Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                                80 responses
                                5 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Working...
                                X