Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historical data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data problem

Hi,

I've noticed a persistent problem...

1. I will run my strategy live (using IQFeed + IB) all day with minute bars.
    2. the next day, when I run the strategy again, NinjaTrader doesn't go back to IQFeed to retrieve minute bars. It must think it has those bars... but the entire previous day is just missing, not being fed into the strategy.

My theory is that when I run my strategy live (using IQFeed + IB), NinjaTrader thinks it's getting/storing bars into the database... but it's not. If after step 1 above, I run a historical backtest at the end of the day and pull in historical bars, it all works fine. But if I forget to do that historical backtest (like I did yesterday), then a full day is missing for my strategy running today.

I wish there was a way to force the database to go back and retrieve yesterday's bars, other than deleting the whole database.

Not sure I follow you exactly. If you want it to store real-time bars you need to have this option checked. Please go to Tools->Options->Data and ensure the option is checked.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Aha! I did a repair database, and that seems to have done the trick.

Josh,

EDIT: Nono, I don't necessarily want real-time bars... I'm fine with historical bars. NinjaTrader seems to not know it doesn't have them. It just leaves me with a gap in the chart. I have to do a repair database to get it back into great shape.

Comment

heech,

If you do not check that option NT does not store the real time bars. The next time you open up NT it will not know it had anything for that day because it never stored anything unless you loaded it from a chart reload or something like that.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gm7_forum  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        1 response
        0 likes