Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Wizard Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Wizard Errors

Hi Folks,

Just trying to create a simple strategy using the Wizard but it errors each time upon compiling. If I delete all conditions and actions (do the following) it still errors. I've tried creating a new strategy, restarting NT and so on.

Kinda discouraging when you use the Wizard and it fails right away on a simple strategy.

Here's the code attached. If you have any idea what's wrong I'd be appreciative:

The errors are CS1525 and CS1025 both on line 53 which is the blank one before #region Wizard settings
    Attached Files

Originally posted by hatrader View Post
    Hi Folks,

Just trying to create a simple strategy using the Wizard but it errors each time upon compiling. If I delete all conditions and actions (do the following) it still errors. I've tried creating a new strategy, restarting NT and so on.

Kinda discouraging when you use the Wizard and it fails right away on a simple strategy.

Here's the code attached. If you have any idea what's wrong I'd be appreciative:

The errors are CS1525 and CS1025 both on line 53 which is the blank one before #region Wizard settings
    It's in a different file that you some how created previously named "CrossSystem".

Find that indicator and delete it. Then try to compile this strategy.

In NT all files have to be compiled and working.

Comment

Hello hatrader,

Thank you for writing in.

sledge is correct here.

Take a look at the file name that the NinjaScript File column specifies. This is referring to the file CrossSystem.cs in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder on your computer.

Remove it and then compile once more.
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes that was it! Thanks Sledge and Zachary!

With that hurdle out of the way I've made much progress and I see how useful the Strategy Wizard is for getting code written quickly.

thanks again

Comment

Compilation Error- Strategy Wizard

Hi folks

I am having a compilation error on my strategy wizard. I am tried to create a simple strategy but still it is showing me errors and I cannot resolve the error cause I am not familiar to programming skills. Below is a screen shot of the error code.

Can anyone please assist.

Your help will be much appreciated.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello bothwell,

Thank you for the note.

I will need to see a complete description of the errors. Please hover your mouse over the error, then take a screen shot while the tooltip is visible. You will use the PrtScn button on your keyboard.

I look forward to your reply.
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 7:

Open NinjaTrader
              From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
              Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
              A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
              At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
              From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

For NinjaTrader 8:

Open NinjaTrader
              From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
              Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
              Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
              At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
              You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
              If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Please let me know if you require further assistance.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 08-10-2017, 06:51 AM.
              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80  
              Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
              0 responses
              1 view