Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for a job well done

JC,
    I never looked at this system before today. It looks like it can be very useful to my trading. For the introduction and for getting a really useful indicator to the NT community you deserve much thanks.

I will report here how Ichimoku Kinko Yuo is working for me. The real test will be on Monday.

Take care.

Bryan

Comment

Thanks Bryan,

very much appreciated.
      Of course, I myself am trying for good results with this indicator by testing a couple of strategies (one, a "standard", recommended one, the other less so).

As soon as I think I have good results I will post them here. (What would be the point of keeping them just for myself?!)

Good pips!

JC

Comment

My Strategies

JC,
        Here's my thoughts on using Ichimoku. I trade intraday only at present. I am not a Trend Following type of trader. In and out (generally) for me. I trade the ES primarily and my primary trade trigger chart in a high volume/trending markets is the 3350 Volume chart. So, I am looking for pretty short term moves.

The Ichimoku looks really great for that purpose. At this moment, I have it on the 3350 V and also on a 5 minute chart (which I have up to track volume and for Counter Trend trades).

At this point, I will take only the Tenkan Sen/ Kinjun Sen Cross, the Kijun Cross and the Kumo Breakout and only when the ES has the volatilty I am looking for for this type of trend trade. The Senkou Span Cross seems more useful for longer trend following. I don't yet fully get the Chikou Span Cross so that's not happen for now.

I plan to use the cross of the Tenkan Sen for exits (unless I have a particular target or coming against significant S/R).

I'll let you know how it is going.

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by JC_Fernandes View Post
          I think that my quest regarding the SenkouSpans was also driven by the fact that I had seen several Ichimoku Kenko Hyo charts showing the Cloud depicted several bars ahead of the last available price, as if "predicting" future levels of support and/or resistance, thereby allowing for possible preemptive actions, depending on the strategies.

In the background I will sitll toy with this (I thought about using Displacement=... but this applies to the whole indicator, unless...)

JC, are you saying that the cloud is not currently offset properly? Or are you just saying that it wouldn't draw past the latest bar?

The beta version (6.5) allows for at least the lines to be drawn past the most recent bar, if not the shading.

It might be that the cloud and the rest will have to be made into separate indicators, with the cloud loaded offset 26, which wouldn't be too bad of compromise.

Or wait..... could the "base indicator" call the "cloud indicator" which could already be offset? Or vice versa? Hmmmm...... I'd take a hack at it myself but my programing skills are rather limited.

Comment

Hi Goldfly,

No, that's not what I mean.

As it is, the cloud, and everything else, is OK.
            The only thing "missing", I guess because of limitations with NT 6.0, is that the cloud, because of the way it is defined, should also be displayed several bars AHEAD of the last available bar/price. (This implies that, although the information for the displayed cloud is accurate it is not complete, because the cloud still has more information AFTER the current (last) bar/price, as I said, but the chart in NT can only display information up to the current (last) bar/price.)

This "extra" information allows for some "forecasting" of how the market might move in the near future.

As you said, version 6.5 might fix this, but I did not have the time to check it out yet. I will try to do it soon.

I hope this was clear enough. If not, I'l try to rephrase this or else, please refer to the most authorative source I know about this, http://www.kumotrader.com/ichimoku_w...itle=Main_Page

Best regards,

JC

Comment

I am very interested in Ichimoku Kinko Yuo (with PSAR).
              Has anyone done any more work or testing?
              Last edited by Diem Trader; 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I am also interested in Ichimoku trading. I really hope that the the displacement problem of the kumo can be solved with NT 6.5. Is here anyone who can do that?I would do it if I knew how to program.

Looks a very very useful indicator!!

Comment

If there is someone who can solve the problem of the forward time-shifting please let me know! (If it is possible to do it in the latest NT)

Comment

This does seem like a great system. Very useful.

Hopefully the issue can be fixed to allow forward time-shifting. Since this seems to be crucial to the development of predictive indicators, I'm sure the NT development team will make it possible.

Thanks again for sharing this.

Comment

I'm sure this can be done. If you just shift the indicator forward, it plots. Except for the shading, which I bet can be fixed.

But I'm not sure how the logic for the calculations works out. I'm going to take another look at this and see if I can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by goldfly View Post
                        I'm sure this can be done. If you just shift the indicator forward, it plots. Except for the shading, which I bet can be fixed.

But I'm not sure how the logic for the calculations works out. I'm going to take another look at this and see if I can figure it out.

That would be great! Try it with the latest beta version!I really hope someone will be able to solve the problem so it can be used...

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                          Hopefully the issue can be fixed to allow forward time-shifting.
                          I, for one, am not adept at problems of this nature. Has anyone tried contacting H.G. Wells perchance?

Comment

OK, here's the best I can do. This is only of any use in 6.5.

I had to seperate the cloud into it's own indicator and when you load it you have to set the displacement to the medium range (for traditionalists that's 26 of course)

So the lines also have their own indicator but you can just load it and walk away.

Now the problem, aside from having two indiicators, is that the cloud doesn't fill-in past the last bar, but at least you can get an idea of what's there by the outlines of the cloud.

Josh, Ray, anybody...... what do I need to do to get the indicator to paint in the dead zone?

And Josh: I finally figured out what parameter you were talking about when I brought this item up to SBG on his square of 9 thread. And no, passing a negative number to the draw object doesn't work - the indicator just disappears. Is there anything that can be done to avoid having to manually set the displacement? Or better, to actually make it work as a single indicator?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by goldfly; 03-25-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldfly View Post
                              OK, here's the best I can do. This is only of any use in 6.5.

I had to seperate the cloud into it's own indicator and when you load it you have to set the displacement to the medium range (for traditionalists that's 26 of course)

So the lines also have their own indicator but you can just load it and walk away.

Now the problem, aside from having two indiicators, is that the cloud doesn't fill-in past the last bar, but at least you can get an idea of what's there by the outlines of the cloud.

Josh, Ray, anybody...... what do I need to do to get the indicator to paint in the dead zone?

And Josh: I finally figured out what parameter you were talking about when I brought this item up to SBG on his square of 9 thread. And no, passing a negative number to the draw object doesn't work - the indicator just disappears. Is there anything that can be done to avoid having to manually set the displacement? Or better, to actually make it work as a single indicator?
                              Very nice job! Thank you very much!

If I wanna see the time-shifted part of the kumo I just set the displacement back to "0"(its even better ). Although there is no need for it because we only need the close of the current price and from there we draw the conclusion.

Comment

Ichimoku Cloud

Hello,

Is there a way to draw past today's date? Is this a graphical limitation in Ninjatrader?

I want to see the Kumo cloud future. Believe it or not, it is a key part of trading Ichimoku.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sidlercom80