Precise placement of draw objects using NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precise placement of draw objects using NinjaScript

From what I have seen so far, the only draw objects that have a "pixel displacement" parameter is DrawText(). This allows one to precisely place text, say, exactly 10 pixels from the low of a bar, and makes for very neat and readable charts.

On the other hand, trying to place arrows or triangles is an excruciating exercise in frustration, as one can never quite be sure where the arrow will lie, even if one uses a multiple of the ticksize, as any change in the dimensions of the window also causes a change in the arrow placements.

Please provide a displacement parameter for all draw objects.

Here is an example of what I mean:
    DrawText(string tag, bool autoScale, string text, int barsAgo, double y, double yPixelOffset, Color textColor, Font font, StringAlignment alignment, Color outlineColor, Color backColor, int opacity)

DrawArrowUp(string tag, bool autoScale, int barsAgo, double y, Color color)

DrawTriangleDown(string tag, bool autoScale, int barsAgo, double y, Color color)
    In the latter two, placing "y" with any amount of precision seems to be impossible: with DrawText(), it is a breeze.

Thanks.

koganam, thanks for the suggestion! For NinjaTrader 7 you'll get the opportunity to draw at a very specific time and have more control this way over the placement -> http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did look at that page before I made the suggestion. I have looked again, but I did not really see anything about precision placement of draw objects using NinjaScript. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      koganam, thanks for the suggestion! For NinjaTrader 7 you'll get the opportunity to draw at a very specific time and have more control this way over the placement -> http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Comment

No, the link just gave general info on features and development status of NT7. I believe the additional info I provided is not listed there....
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
        3 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
        1 response
        0 likes