Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Alert Ninja 7 convert to Ninja 8 convert

Hi,
    Would someone be able to help me. I found this free Line Alert, and modified it to add a instant message, and it totally works in Ninja7.

I tried the convert for Ninja8 and it says converted. I can't pull it in because it's just a .CS file so... I saved a current one as..... xxxx and then copied this new Ninja 8 converted one into the save as. I get compile errors.

Would anyone love to help me and fix this free indicator? for me. I would appreciate it if someone would be up to the challenge. THANKS !!!

I added .txt and .N8.txt to the uploaded files. I had the ZIP file, and then I modified it so this is the .CS file. I will also upload the .zip file here too.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

There is not an official indicator/strategy converter which takes scripts from NT7 and converts them to NT8 however on the forum there is a post which provides script for conversion.

I’d like to mention its best to do a manual conversion for accuracy as not all scripts are simple enough to be converted directly.

Also below I’ve provided a link to code breaking changes which you should consider when converting your scripts:

Debugging customer code is out of the scope of NinjaScript support however if you’d like I could have someone from our business development team pass over a list of third party developers that you could contact about debugging your code.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alan, Thanks for the reply. I didn't write the free script, so therefore it would take to long for me to learn...so looks like I will stick with Ninja 7 for now.

Is there a link for the actual coding of the indicators...when I did the compile in Ninja8, and I clicked on the errors, a nice area with Error Codes.

Is there a manual for programing the Ninja 8 indicators?

Thanks,

Comment

Hello jgibes,

The second link I provided in the previous post will link you to changes in the NT8 from NT7 code.

A link to our Help Guide NinjaScript section can be found here, which will introduce you to methods and syntax used for coding indicators.

Also using the strategy builder and viewing code may also be useful for writing/learning how to build indicators, please see

Strategy Builder NT8:
        Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Builder.2:45 Opening a Strategy Builde...

You may find our reference examples useful for understand how indicators are built

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Alan,

I will take a look at the links !!!

Thanks for posting them for me ; -)

Judy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses