Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 donīt start after update

Good morning,

I have had the same problem that is exposed here http://http://ninjatrader.com/suppor...d.php?t=104076. I couldnīt rollover.
    I followed the indications to upgrade NT 7 version nd the steps to reset the instruments.
    After the step 2 I restart NT and then give me a windows error and close it. Then donīt let me run NT7, always gives the same error (NinjaTrader application stop working).

I have uninstalled NT7 and install again and donīt work. The program start and load the workspaces, then stop and show the error.

My PC is a Wī10 64bits.

Thanks.

Hello soy_yo,
    Can you please tell me what your current version number is?
    This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.0)

Comment

Hi,
      Now i have installed 7.0.1000.35 version

Comment

hello soy_yo,
        Can you please reset your instruments and test again?
        To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
        Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
        Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Hi,
          After the first install I did the steps one and two (Disconnect from your data feed and Reset your Instruments) and then I exit from the program.
          When I restarted NT7 it didnīt work. When start, the windows are frozen, show me the window error and then it closes.I canīt do anything.

Comment

Hello soy_yo,
            Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
            Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN Ryan M
            http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?t=104103

Comment

Hello Ryan,
              Iīve sent you an e-mail.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello soy_yo,
                Unfortunately I did not receive the files.
                Can you please email us the files using the manual method?
                Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Hello Ryan,

I have sent the email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and they have responded to me immediately.

They just solved the problem. It was in my personal workspace. When NT7 tried to charge it, it was blocked.

Now copy and paste the steps indicated in the e-mail:

"It could be your workspace which is corrupt and causing your platform to crash. As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
                  • Shut down NinjaTrader
                  • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
                  • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
                  • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
                  • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
                  • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.
                  If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns."

Thank you so much for everything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post gm7_forum  
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes