Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What does the orange color mean for a connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the orange color mean for a connection?

What does it mean when the color of a connection goes orange? Green means connected, red means disconnected, orange means... what? I am using Zen-Fire, for the record, so I'd like to know what it means in the context of a futures broker connection. Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

When a connection shows as orange this indicates only a partial connection to your broker as apposed to full connection that would be identified with a green box.

If you continue to see your connection go to orange I suggest removing, repairing and recreateing your connection with the steps outlined below.
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Tools-->Options-->Data tab-->Repair DB
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
    Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your note.

When a connection shows as orange this indicates only a partial connection to your broker as apposed to full connection that would be identified with a green box.

If you continue to see your connection go to orange I suggest removing, repairing and recreateing your connection with the steps outlined below.
      • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
      • Tools-->Options-->Data tab-->Repair DB
      • Restart NinjaTrader
      • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
      Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Thanks for the response - just wondering if you might have more information on what a "partial" connection means... is there any specific info you could give me on that? Thanks again!

Comment

Unfortunately we do not have any documentation on the different connection statuses at this time. When partially disconnected this indicates you have been disconnected from the data server or the order server with your broker or data provider but not completely disconnected.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not wanting to hijack this thread but this is a related issue. Today I lost internet connectivity for about a minute and NT7 gave me the red flag. After internet connection resumed I decided to try to circumvent the wait for NT7 to reconnect, after which I would need to go chart to chart and reload historical data. I thought I would just disconnect NT and reconnect and all charts would refresh. Unfortunately trying to disconnect while showing the red disconnected flag caused a total freeze where I couldn't even select the Control Center window to drag it. NT remained unresponsive for awhile and then finally disconnected. It seemed to me I should have been able to immediately disconnect like normal but couldn't in this situation. Is this normal or is this an unreported bug?

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
          2 responses
          1 like
          Last Post BarzTrading  
          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM