MBTrading historical data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading historical data problem

I cant get MBT historical data.I use NT 7.0.0.16 and Navigator version 11.5.0.5
    get error message when connected to MBT:
    Error on loading chart data for $EURJPY default:Error(errServerSideCompress) on loading historical data.

Hello polas,

Can you please tell me if you receive real-time EURJPY in NinjaTrader when connected to MBTrading.

What interval was used in the chart? What happens if you select an 1 minute interval?
    I suggest to restart NinjaTrader and try again.

Were you able to load historical forex data before? Could it be your MBTrading connection does not include historical forex data?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by polas View Post
      I cant get MBT historical data.I use NT 7.0.0.16 and Navigator version 11.5.0.5
      get error message when connected to MBT:
      Error on loading chart data for $EURJPY default:Error(errServerSideCompress) on loading historical data.
      I got the same error, with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.5 with MBT Navigator version 11.6.0.0. I'm running Windows 7 SP2.

The error happens on various currency pairs, including AUDUSD, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF, when requesting tick data (minute data and day data work fine). I can get tick data for the USDJPY and EURUSD currency pair. Perhaps this would suggest MB Trading does not offer tick data for every instrument? (Or it was just luck that those request did get through. )

I can receive real-time data for these pairs, and as I see them fluctuating in the NinjaTrader MB Trading Navigator window NinjaTrader also has access to them.

I've restarted NinjaTrader and this made no difference.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello J_o_s,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with MBTrading. Please see the forum thread below for more information on this topic.

Comment

Try This Fix I Wrote In This Thread

Originally posted by J_o_s View Post
          I got the same error, with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.5 with MBT Navigator version 11.6.0.0. I'm running Windows 7 SP2.

The error happens on various currency pairs, including AUDUSD, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF, when requesting tick data (minute data and day data work fine). I can get tick data for the USDJPY and EURUSD currency pair. Perhaps this would suggest MB Trading does not offer tick data for every instrument? (Or it was just luck that those request did get through. )

I can receive real-time data for these pairs, and as I see them fluctuating in the NinjaTrader MB Trading Navigator window NinjaTrader also has access to them.

I've restarted NinjaTrader and this made no difference.
          You can read my contributions to another thread about how I routinely solve this problem whenever it crops up. Its irritating, but this always does the trick for me.

Here's the thread:

Cutting a pasting a little, here is a quick synopsis.

The server side failure you are getting is a generic message that doesn't necessarily say anything usefull about how to clear the problem.

I have found that this error can be cleared by getting the local database back to only full hours worth of data and deleting any partial hours that may be in the database....

First disconnect from MB to stop it downloading any ticks.

Open up the Historical Data Manager, open the Edit tab and look at the data hour by hour... (each hour of each day has a seperate folder). Delete all hours working backward until you get a DB that has nothing but full hours. You want to get rid of any hours that are only partially filled... you want to keep only hours that have ticks from 1:00:XX to 1:59:XX.

With no charts open that would cause NT to try to reload the data that just threw the error. Reconnect to MB.

Then use the Download tab to manually down load the data you are missing up to the current time. You do this by going to

Historical Data Manager >> Download Tab

Select the instrument

Set End Date to Todays date.

Set Start Date to Todays date, or however many days you have to go back to get one with no partially filled hours.

Set interval to Tick and Data Type to Last

Click Download Button

When it finishes downloading, (you can tell in the progress bar of Control Center) you currently have a database with no partially filled hours, so immediately open a tick chart so NT will continue adding ticks to the DB.

That's my procedure, small variations may work as well.

That has always cleared the problem for me... I trade everyday with rare exception, so I always a partial hour problem. It seems logical that if this doesn't clear it for you, try using the same logic to delete files working backward till you have only completely filled days, then manually download to today's date.

I have no idea why this fix works, but it does. Apparently the most common cause of those Server Side Errors on MBT with Tick data has something to do with partially filled hours. Delete them from the local DB, then manually download to fill it up to the current time, and you'll be good to go.

Occasionally there really is a problem on the servers... so call tech services to confirm they are up and running and no one is reporting gaps in the available tick data if this should fail you.

I have used this numorous times since discovering it and it has always worked.
          Last edited by Crassius; 05-27-2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Jason,

I posted my workaround for this issue to the thread you referenced as it is a larger thread. You might consider deleteing, consolitating threads. ( I reference another in my post below)

Also, please note that the problem seems to hinge on partially filled hours in the database.... everytime I clear any partially filled hours and manually download I get that server side error cleared.

Except of course when the servers really are down, which happened a couple of weeks ago.

The community consensus on this issue, whether true or not, is that NinjaTrader blaims MB for this error and MB blaims NinjaTrader, and nothing ever gets done about fixing the issue.

I hope that whatever the case, telling you that the problem seems linked to partial hours will help get the issue fixed.... either by NinjaTrader, or NinjaTrader assisting MB with this added knowledge as a clue to help them diagnose and resolve their problem.

Comment

Hello Crassius,

Thank you for posting this workaround.

As far as I know, MBTrading is still working on their end regarding this issue. See post #43 from the other forum thread.

I will let Kyle know about your workaround and have him check for any updates from MBTrading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes