Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi habibalex,

I believe you may be looking for the 'Show cumulative depth' option, accessible by right-clicking on the SuperDOM window, then left-clicking on Properties.

If this is not exactly what you're looking for, please let me know.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      Hi habibalex,

I believe you may be looking for the 'Show cumulative depth' option, accessible by right-clicking on the SuperDOM window, then left-clicking on Properties.

If this is not exactly what you're looking for, please let me know.
      No I'm not talking about the cumulative depth. When trades go off at a particular price, I want them to be accumulated as long as the price is on the bid or offer. Right now, only the last trade is shown. If 10 trades go off at once on the bid, in the order of 5, 10, 10, 20, 1. All I see in the ninjatrader DOM is a the last trade size of 1. I would like it to show the sum of 46 on the bid.

Comment

Hi habibalex,

I'll submit this idea to the development team for consideration. That said, you can create your own SuperDOM column with custom programming that will do what you are looking for.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Drawing Tools: Make orthogonal

Hello NinjaTrader,
          I'd like to suggest that drawing a ray or line along with a control key such as shift, ctrl, or alt, make the line orthogonal, either perfectly horizontal or perfectly vertical. The horizontal makes these useful for drawing support/resistance lines with a defined beginning. I do this daily and have trouble getting perfectly horizontal lines or rays with just the current snap options (I primarily use Price.)
          Thank you, Brian Warren

Comment

Hi webcharacter,

Thanks for your suggestion, I passed that along to the development team for consideration.

Comment

NT8 beta connections broker data

Am i able to connect my broker feed to NT8 beta download and use it and all its features as my trade platform?

Comment

Hi laredo787,

You can connect to any of our supported brokers and live trade on NT8 currently. That said, it is beta software, so strange and otherwise unstable behavior is to be expected. Because of that, it is currently not recommended to use NT8 as your primary platform for placing trades, though we will not stop you if you choose to.

Comment

activating nt8 beta

I have this connected and runnin gbut its not etting me go live.

what is the issue ? please

Comment

Hi laredo787,

What license key are you using? Who are you connecting to? Have you disabled global simulation mode?

Comment

Hi,
                      Trialing NT8 now and running into a few problems.

1 - Have set up charts with horizontal lines plotted and have them all set to show on ALL charts of the same instrument. Have saved the setup. When I then open up a new chart later on it is sometimes not plotting these same horizontal lines that are clearly showing on every other chart of the same instrument and these lines are ALL set to plot on ALL charts of that instrument.

2 - Have saved charts as a work space for my core set up so that I can then start trialing 3rd party indicators on it. When I go into save as so I can save a separate copy of the same work-space to then make alterations to it, its ending up saving nothing like what it is meant to save. It ends up just odd random saved charts that have been open previously but are not open at the time of saving as the new work-space.
                      If I apply the 3rd party indicators 1st then go to save as and rename the work-space, when I try to open it up again it has lost all the horizontal lines from the core setup it was all built on and sometimes lost some charts altogether.

3 - NT8 is constantly crashing now. Comes up with Ninjatrader has stopped working and needs to close.

Comment

Here is a short clip showing that NT8 wont even save the workspace (Or any other function). Chart is still ticking along but the main interface is dead.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

GC.TryStartNoGCRegion

Does NT 8 Beta target the necessary .Net Framework that allows me to use GC.TryStartNoGCRegion for Garbage Collection as mentioned here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn906201.aspx

Comment

Global Crosshair - Feature suggestion

Hello,

It would be nice to have a more useful Global Crosshair feature in Ninjatrader. The upgrade in NT8 that Adds "Global (No Time Scroll)" is an improvement. However, for users of Multiple time frames, this only works effectively if what you want to view is already displayed on your lowest time frame. If I start on a 1000 Tick chart and want to review earlier trades entries that were confirmed on my 33t and 100 Tick charts I have to set each chart back to Global crosshair mode or scroll each chart by hand until I get to the time I need to review; this is very slow and time-consuming.

The old Global Crosshair mode is very frustrating. If I'm on an upper time frame chart, and I find a High or low I want to review on a lower time Frame, I have to keep the cursor on the upper time frame chart and can't move it. If my cursor even touches another chart all the lower time frames jump to who knows where.I am an I have to start all over.

The FIX:

Step 1. Enable an option where all the charts can be in "Global (No Time Scroll)" Mode

Step 2. Now, a user can find a spot on an upper time frame chart a few hours or days back, and hold down or Tap the control key (or whatever key is designated) and all charts will zoom to that exact time.

Step 3 Once the Control key is released all charts are at the chosen time - and the charts now revert back to "Global (No Time Scroll)" Mode - at the new location. Now you can freely move the cursor from the upper time frame chart to the lower time frame chart and you will not lose your position.

Basically, a user can choose to set each chart to "Global (No Time Scroll)" Mode. When the control key is hit ALL the charts change to "Global" Mode and zero in on the current cursor location until the control key is released. Esignal currently uses a mouse double click for this function in place of hitting the control key.

Sorry for the long post. However, this would be a very useful feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Jminotti View Post
                              Hello,

It would be nice to have a more useful Global Crosshair feature in Ninjatrader.
                              That's nice...

but we've been really trying to get a complete Global Crosshair to at least work fully in NT8 since Beta1. We are almost there.. but not quite!!

Comment

"Global Crosshair - Feature suggestion" -- Jminotti

Sounds like a great feature request to me.
                                I'd like to be able to pop-up a chart of a single candle, but the above suggestion might be a workable alternative for me.

Although I do hope this feature makes it into a future version, I would like to know though, as a general example of what can be done in NT8.... is this (and/or my pop-up chart of a single candle) something that an NT8 user/programmer could add to the system? Does NT8 provide enough flexibility to do allow the user community to do this without stripping out existing functionality?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DJ888
                                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes