Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fib retracement level crossed prior swing low / high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fib retracement level crossed prior swing low / high

I'm using PriceActionSwingPro indicator and it draws naked swing lows and highs. It also draws fib retracements. The 200% fib retracements are sometimes an exact measured move target to a prior swing.
    I would like to add an alert to the code which would fire when the 200% fib retracement crosses ( or comes close to in cases of possibly exiting a position ) a prior naked-swing line. Unfortunately the naked swing lines generated by PriceActionSwingPro are just individual ray objects, so maybe that makes it more difficult to make the alert. However, perhaps I can use a different combination of indicators ( I have SiSwingHighLow indicator as well) which could help with detecting the cross-over ?

So, my question is... can anyone suggest an easy way to detect and alert a 200% fib retracement of a priory naked-swing pivot?

Hello vlc,

Thank you for your post.

You could use the conditions that draw the lines and set values to specific variables or Data Series objects to compare in cross conditions.

If you do not have access to the code, you can try to emulate or copy the conditions or even ask the developer what the conditions are.

Comment

Yes, OK.

And there is no list of current Fib Retracement levels as a property of the Fib Retracement object, correct? I need work them out ?

Comment

Correct, there is no method or function to call from NinjaScript. You would have to work out the calculation in code.

Comment

Is any of this easier or more flexible in NT8 ?

Comment

vlc,

Quite possibly, yes. As we have the Drawing Tools exposed in NinjaTrader 8 you could view the code for the Fibonaccis in NinjaTrader 8 and create your own calculations based on that.

For information on NinjaTrader 8 NinjaScript please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...injascript.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH