Launching Strategies Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launching Strategies Suggestions

I know that I raised a complaint earlier about how needlessly (and infuriatingly) difficult it is to run real-time strategies on a list of instruments. I was just thinking that you already have an adequate interface for running strategies in the strategy analyzer, complete with buttons for backtesting and optimizing. How difficult would it be to add a fourth button, "run strategy live"? Strategy developers like me would naturally be using the Strategy Analyzer and would have defined their lists of instruments which we're using for testing and development. These are very likely to be the instruments we're going to want to use to run in live mode, and we're already familliar with the process of selecting an instrument list and clicking a "Run Strategy" button.

Ideally, the running strategies would be a part of the workspace configuration so we could save and load them quickly, and our default strategies would be pre-populated on startup, but this might be the next-best thing.

As another suggestion, I know that someone mentioned that you were trying to add support for rolling up the backtest results for an entire instrument list. (That would be massively useful for our own information, and it would finally allow us to optimize strategies running on a basket of stocks. Thanks for doing this.) I think something similar would be hugely useful for realtime strategies.

Right now, there is a new row for each Strategy-Instrument pair, but it would be much nicer if we can have this roll up to the Strategy level. We'd have a single start/stop button to click, which would then go ahead and start all of the strategies for each instrument in the list. And it would just show up as a single line (perhaps with a tree '+'/'-' to expand or collapse) so that we can have a few groups of strategies without completely obscuring what's going on. It would also let us stop all of a particular strategy while letting the others continue, rather than the single big club we have now, stopping stopping all strategies.

When you've added the tree/rollup functionality to the data grid for the instrument list, can you also add this to the running strategies list in the Control Center?

Thanks guys. Those are the two biggest problems I've got by a wide margin and these fixes would really help me out. I'd bet others are in the same boat.

Thank you for your post and detailed suggestion.

I have forwarded this to development for our list of future conciderations, and I thank you again for the time and detail put into your suggestion.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This feature would be very useful to me too. I hope this could be added in asap.

Comment

I agree there needs to be some way of easily adding strategies to a group of instruments rather than individually

Comment

here here...

Comment

Ditto on the backtesting results summarized against a strategy. Was perusing the forumns to see if this exists....so now back to excel/access to crunch the individual results at the basket level.....ouch!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus
            by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            1 response
            0 likes