Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Keys Order Entry did not work in some cases

For example (8.0.3.1):

I have configured a hotkey for "Close ATM strategy". When I hit "Buy Mkt" my ATM strategy was inserted and the active one is selected in the "ATM strategy" drop-down menu. Now I could press my hotkey and the strategy will be closed.
    But when I click anywhere on the chart window itself after I hit "Buy Mkt", the hotkey won't work anymore, but the right active strategy is selected.
    If I go to the "ATM strategy" pull-down with my mouse and click it without any change of the selected strategy, the hotkey will work again as long, as it has the focus.

Please fix it, that it will work inside the whole chart window. I would be pleased with another hotfix 8.0.3.2 :-)

Hello BearingHH,

Thank you for your post,

I tested this on my end and am at this point not able to replicate.

When clicking on the chart, is a particular item selected? This shouldn't stop the hot key from functioning unless whatever was clicked takes modal focus, I would just like to attempt to replicate on my end.

Can you also let me know if you see the same when launched in Safe Mode?

1. Close NinjaTrader 8
    2. Hold the Ctrl Key + double click the NinjaTrader 8 icon (best done from the Desktop, continue to hold Ctrl until NT is launched).
    3. When launched, the NinjaTrader 8 splash screen that appears when loading should say Safe Mode.

This will cause NinjaTrader to launch without your saved workspaces and also will Connect on Startup disabled.

Try opening up a new chart via the New menu. Make sure, when opening the chart, to select <None> from the top right "Load the following chart template" drop down menu.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've started NT in Safe Mode and and created a new chart window (FDXM 03-17) and the same behavior. When I click inside any free space of the chart window, the hotkey will not close the strategy. I can see in the log, that the hotkey is triggered, but the strategy not closed:

Hot Key Close ATM Strategy Chart

When I'm in the pull-down or did nothing after hitting "Buy Mkt":

Hot Key Close ATM Strategy Chart
      Closing position strategy

There is no additional information in the trace file.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I see, can you please let me know what data provider you are using and what keys are set for your Close Position Hot Key? Found via Tools > Hotkeys > Order Entry.

What is your ATM Strategy Selection Mode set to? (right click on the chart trader toolbar > Properties).

Also, could you post a screen shot of the ATM strategy parameter values that you are using? Feel free to list any additional steps that will be helpful in reproducing the issue.

Comment

My data provider is Kinetick.

The hotkey is "Ctrl+Shift+C" but I changed it already to another one without result.

Selection Mode is "Select active ATM strategy on order submission".

Attached is a screenshot from my strategy.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BearingHH; 01-13-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and additional information.

I'll test this on my end and following with my findings.

Comment

I've tested it on another machine with a fresh install of NT 8.0.3.1 and made a simple ATM strategy with 10 point stop, used Market Replay, Sim account and another hotkey combination, but the same thing.
              If non of the Chart Trader control elements has the focus, the hotkey will be triggered (log), but the order is not canceled.

Comment

BearingHH, thank you for posting back.

I was able to reproduce this on my end, so I submitted a report to our Quality Assurance team for further analysis.

Once I have more information in regards to this, I will update this thread.
                Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you tell me the difference between the environment from EricB and yours, as a workaround? - as it is working with his setup
                  Please tell me, when you or your "Quality Assurance team" find out.

Comment

BearingHH, thank you for your reply!

Yes, I can tell you how to reproduce this exactly. The steps I take are below,
                    1. Open NinjaTrader
                    2. Connect to a data provider
                    3. Open a chart and enable Chart Trader
                    4. Navigate to the CC > Tools > Hot Keys > Order entry section
                    5. Set the hot key for Close ATM strategy to Ctrl+Shift+C
                    6. Enter a trade using an ATM
                    7. Navigate to the CC > Tools > Options > Trading section
                    8. Enable "Use order entry hot keys"
                    9. Click the chart to focus it
                    10. Attempt to use the hot key command to close the ATM strategy in Chart Trader

After attempting to use the hot key combination, Ctrl+Shift+C, the orders in chart trader do not cancel, however, if I select another order entry window such as the SuperDOM window, it closes as expected.

I was able to temporarily fix this by closing out of all my positions and then disabling and enabling the "Use order entry hot keys" option. Note, we don't currently know the extent of this and is currently in review.
                    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the hint with the SuperDOM. I've created an AutoHotKey script which sends the keystrokes to the SuperDOM window and that works from all over my system.

Another thing - it would be great, if you would use the "Plus" value from the "Auto Breakeven" setting of the ATM strategy for the explicit ATM breakeven hotkey. If someone wanted it for his setting in the ATM, he wants it also for the hotkey, I think - to be one point in profit and catch some slippage for example.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jaybedreamin