Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty with Chart Data

Aye me hearties

I was having difficulty with chart data, I looked around for answers and found nothing that helped. (not saying it isn't there, just never found it)

While trying some of the suggestions I stumbled on something, gave it a try and it appears to have solved my problem.

However, further clarification would be appreciated.

I went to Control Center > TOOLS > Account Connections > (clicked on my provider) > Change (and then followed the wizard - in my case "manage existing connection") > (under the item for "back up data feed connection" mine was set to "none" which I believe is the default) I changed that to "External Data Feed" and proceeded with the wizard.

It seems my problem is now solved.

Now I realize that I should have done this when I set up the connection, but I had absolutely no idea what it was about, so I did nothing. Little did I realize neither how time consuming, nor frustrating that little act of nothing would prove to be.

I would appreciate it if the options for "Back Up Data Feed Connection" could be explained, as I think it was just a fluke that I chose the right one (or have I?)

I was getting pretty close to giving up on NT altogether.

Aye, Hoping it was all worth the effort.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

The backup data feed is the data feed that NinjaTrader will revert to if your first connection were to be lost.

Now, when choosing External you are getting backup data from a data feed that will only be available if you program it, or are getting data from Trade Station. Please refer to the following link.

Because of that I believe your charting issue is related to something else. Can you please let me know which data provider you are connecting to, and which instrument you are charting, and what the interval of the chart is.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi Jack,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.
      Well thank you.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      The backup data feed is the data feed that NinjaTrader will revert to if your first connection were to be lost.

Now, when choosing External you are getting backup data from a data feed that will only be available if you program it, or are getting data from Trade Station. Please refer to the following link.

Because of that I believe your charting issue is related to something else. Can you please let me know which data provider you are connecting to, and which instrument you are charting, and what the interval of the chart is.
      Thank you for the clarification.

I am using PFG
      I am having trouble with the currencies (I have tried EURUSD/EURJP/EURCHF to this point)
      I have tried several different time frames from 1M/15M/60M/Daily
      Ihave tried different range settings from 50 days to 360 (as well as the default three, which isn't really a lot of info for a daily chart.)

I fire up NT (6.5 I believe it is) and the control panel opens.
      File > New > Chart > Type = Currency/Name = EURUSD, etc

if I leave the current settings, I end up with a chart with very little info.
      if I change the settings, especially "Days Back" I get a box pop up

"Retrieving data for $EURUSD; This request can not be aborted"

This seems to take forever and a day, and usually ends with an erroro message - waiting now for error message - waiting - waiting ...

"Error on loading chart data for '$EURUSD Default'. Disconnected from the Historic Data Server."

Sometimes the chart loads, but every time I try and change the time frame it goes into a download mode, sometimes for several minutes (my computer is reasonably quick, as is my int connection.)

I get the horrible feeling that I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks for help.

Comment

Hi Jack Sparrow,

Thank you for the clarification.

Which version of the PFG API are you using?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes