Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja Trader 6.5 Freezing (Hanging) with surges in trading volumes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 6.5 Freezing (Hanging) with surges in trading volumes.

Hi,

I have noticed that when there is a sudden increase in trading volume typically in early AM hours then the Ninja Trader 6.5 charts and the price ladder freezes. When the freeze is over after say like 15 seconds, all of the sudden you see like 20 new bars and the market move is over. Once the market picks up volume then Ninja Trader continues to function normally during the day although I have noticed very rare freezing during the day as well.

I have broad band internet and a reasonably fast core2 duo computer running 32 bit Windows XP with 2 Gigs of RAM. I using the free version of Ninja Trader with simulation trading account using Zen Fire as my data feed.

As the only opportunity I have to trade is in the early AM hours this could be very risky for me.

Has any one else seen this issue as well?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.8. You can check under Help --> About.
    If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Please use the following link for some performance tips: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
    Try repairing your database as well: Tools --> Options --> Misc --> Repair DB.

Also run a virus/malware scan as harmful programs can cause poor PC performance.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes