Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traders, can you assist?

Hello,

I installed NT6 to find that I could not get any data from the price feed. Now, after numerous emails back and forth with support, them connecting to my computer remotely and me forwarding ports, what we have come to find out is that bypassing my router (Linksys WRT54G) allows me to connect to the price feed.

I am connected to this router via a cable, not via wireless. I have contacted my broker who happens to know a thing or two about NT and he seems to be at a loss as well.

Things we have done:

-Ran diagnostics
    -Forwarded ports on router. (doesnt appear to be clocking any of the ports anyways)
    -Bypassed router (works with direct connection to modem)
    -Checked NT5 which works fine using the router with either the ports forwarded or not.
    -Checked instrument, ensuring that it has the correct parameters.

I really want to use NT6 simply because the chart is nicer than NT5 but can't get the price feed.

So I ask, has anyone had this problem and have you found a solution to it that you would share?

imported post

As I know our support when through these issues with you: make be using a different router helps (blind shot, no pun intended).

Comment

imported post

I just spoke with Pat Shaughnessy who informed me that he believes it is on NT side not a problem with my router. This is the first confirmation like this so maybe we are getting somewhere.

Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

imported post

As of recent Pat Shaughnessy sticks with our advise to see if a new router makes any difference.

Comment

imported post

Well, I am pretty certain that a new router will solve the issue. I am wondering though why NT5 works with my router just fine while NT6 doesn't?

I have gone ahead and upgraded the firmware and still have the same results. I find it pretty ridiculous that I have to buy a whole new router just to get a program to work when a slightly older version (NT5) works fine with my router.

Comment

imported post

I solved the issue by reinstalling my operating system. Nothing else that I tried (and I tried everything) worked.

The problem may have been caused by a spyware program or hidden firewall settings. Those are the only two thing's that I can think of being able to cause the specific issues I had. Uninstalling the spyware blocker did not help.

Comment

imported post

Wow nasty. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM