Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data export doesn't export current price data

Hello,

I hope someone will know the answer to this question.

I have been using the data export feature on NinjaTrader to export data for use in a second off-line computer and have encountered a problem.

Yesterday, I opened a real time daily chart in my on-line computer and exported the data. I brought that file over to my off-line computer and the OHLC and volume information accurately reflected the prevailing price at the time that the export file was created. Later in the day, I wanted to update the data and went through the export procedure again. However, when I imported this data on my off-line computer, the OHLC and volume information was just the same as it had been on the first export.

Initially, I thought I must have overlooked something and tried it again, but encountered the same results. At that point I decided to export one-minute data from a real time chart more than once in the same minute. At 15 seconds into a minute, I exported the data, and repeated the export procedure at 45 seconds into a minute. Sure enough, the second export contained just the same data as the export of 30 seconds before.

This suggests that NinjaTrader is using some form of database or other structure to store exported price values. And until the next interval (ie day or minute) starts any subsequent exports seem to be futile.

Does anyone know the file location of this database? Is there a setting that could be changed that would force NT to update this database during each interval?

I should note that in an effort to resolve this issue, I used the Reset DB and Repair DB functions in the Tools>Options>Misc menu, but this did not have an effect on the data that was exported.
    Last edited by ninja.man; 04-02-2009, 08:06 AM. Reason: additional information

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is expected as the last bar is not recorded for export until the close of the bar.

Unfortunately there is no way to change this.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes