Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multibroker Historical Equities / Index data ( MBTrading / Yahoo )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multibroker Historical Equities / Index data ( MBTrading / Yahoo )

I have a multibroker license and am using NT7. I'm using MBTrading and have used Yahoo for years for historical index data on my charts. I've filled in the index symbols for the indexes I'm interested in ( $SPX / ^GSPC for MBTrading / Yahoo ) in the Instrument manager. In the MBTrading Desktop Pro platform, I do get historical data for the indexes, but am not getting it with NT7. I vastly prefer the charting in NT7, but can go back to the single broker license if I can't get this to work. Any suggestions? The historical data just never loads. It only loads the indexes for the days that I'm connected, until I turn NT7 off for whatever reason - reboot or whatever .

theKonshus1,

Thanks for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? (Help > About)

What intervals of charts are you using?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using NT 7.0.1000.6 and for the historical charts I'm most interested in are daily intervals.

Comment

Please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 with the steps I have provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
          Download

If you still do not receive data correctly please disconnect from Yahoo and MB Trading then only connect to the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection and let me know if the chart then populates.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much. That seems to work for me.

Now, I remember another question I have. When my NinjaTrader starts up, the chart windows after about 5 or 6 windows, don't have windows titles. This means I have to individually click on each chart to see what instrument / time frame it is showing. I keep 15 or 17 windows with different instruments, so its a lot of clicking just to find one particular chart that I want to see. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi theKonshus1,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of NInjaTrader and Windows at this time - you will need to select the windows for their titles to update to show instrument and interval.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rtwave
            by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
            5 responses