Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Control center screen doesn't appear on weekend with MBT set to connect on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control center screen doesn't appear on weekend with MBT set to connect on startup

My NT7 account is setup to connect on startup with a MBTrading Forex live acct & also to load Navigator window on connection. I tried to get into NT7 this weekend. I do realize that Forex trading is not active over the weekend. NT7 tried starting MBT Navigator and got stuck on the "loading account list" stage. Even after I closed the error message window, NT7 doesn't continue. The control center screen never appears. If I try to start NT7 again, I get the error message "There can only be one instance of NinjaTrader running at a time". If I stop the process and try again, it hangs again at the "loading account list". When I go into MBT Navigator independent of NT7, I get past the step of "loading account list" and I get a warning message that "Trading temporarily unavailable". However MBT Navigator still comes up. If I try to start the MBT connection in NT6.5, I also get the warning message "Trading temporarily unavailable" with the log messages "Connected to perm server" & "Connected to order server" but the lower left hand corner of the control center doesn't show the MB Trading connection green, it's in gray. Is there anyway to have NT7 work like NT6.5 when I have the connect on startup flag set to yes and the connection fails?

Disable auto-connect if you don't want to run in connect issues with MBT over the weekend. Same on NT6.5 (I just checked): NT got stuck when trying to connect during the weekend.

Comment

Both NT7 & NT6.5 have the ability to load MBT Navigator window on connection but as I understand NT7 is the first release to have the feature to automatic connect on application startup to a data feed such as MBTrading. Correct? I will permanently turn the auto connect feature off if it's working as NT intended. I need to be able to get into the control center screen regardless of my connection status and I will forget to turn the feature on/off for the week/weekend.

Comment

You understanding is correct. However, if establishing the MBT get stuck (since MBT systems are not operational) then there is nothing NT could do. Same as with NT6.5

Comment

Sound good -- I will turn this feature off. NT6.5 didn't get stuck for me yesterday, I still had the control center screen available even though the connection to MBT wasn't successful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite