Inconsistent scope of global Draw objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent scope of global Draw objects

If I make a draw object like a line global (attach it to All Charts/timeframes), then you will see this object across different workspaces...which is correct, i.e., ALL timeframes in ALL workspaces.

However, if I attach the line to 60 minute charts, it is limited to the workspace in which it was created. To have consistent behaviour, you should be able to see the line on ALL 60 minute charts in ALL workspaces.

Hello astrolobe,

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying with 60 minute time frames the global draw objects is not working properly for you?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,
      No, I'm saying when you draw an object and attach it to a timeframe (say 60 min.), you can see that object for that timeframe (which is correct), BUT it is restricted to the workspace that it was created in. So, if you open another 60 minute chart in a different workspace, you will not see that draw object.

Maybe this is by design, but it is not consistent to attaching a draw object to "All Charts".

In the first instance, I am attaching an object to a single timeframe (60 min). In the second instance, I am doing the same thing really, I am attaching the object to multiple timeframes (All Charts).
      However, the first instance the object is restricted to a single workspace, and in the second instance, the object is NOT restricted to a single workspace...that is the inconsistency.

Comment

astrolobe, are you working on the latest 7 R1 version? I just tried on my end here and a global object would be attached to all charts of the instrument across my workspaces.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses