Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja can't reconnect to IB/TWS if it has outstanding orders in TWS !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja can't reconnect to IB/TWS if it has outstanding orders in TWS !!!

Hi there,

I am doing error-handling testing for my strategy. One of the test I did was to let TWS daily shutdown happen while a trade was on, ie. Ninja had a working target/stop pair in TWS.

After manually re-launching TWS, and asking Ninja to connect to TWS, Ninja gets stuck in the connecting status for that TWS connection. From there it never reach the 'Connected' status.

I tried that several times, it only happens when Ninja has working orders before the TWS shutdown.

This is easily reproducible, but I could provide my trace file if needed.

Thanks in advance
    Dominique

Well damn, we might both be having the same problem. For me it didn't start until just today and I'm not sure why. I can connect on one machine that is running TWS vers 921.XX but i cannot re-connect on another machine on the latest TWS 927.7 or the previous 926.XX

I didn't realize it was because of open orders, but yes I do have one open order. It does the same thing as yourself, which is is says "connecting" but it never connects.

I do not have a strategy running nor do I even have an order that NT "sees" since it's a paired trade and NT never actually records them when placed as pairs (but it will when placed individually).

Does it sound like we have a similar enough problem here?

Comment

Well you just saved me a pile of looking. You're right. I cancelled the order in TWS and I connected straight away with NT to TWS. Dont' know how to fix it but fidning out what's wrong is at least half the battle.

Now the question is why does it work with TWS 921.X but not with my 921.6 or 921.7??

I never had this problem until today and I know I've had many outstanding orders on TWS before.

Comment

Still waiting for Ninja Support to comment on this...

Comment

Hello,

Thanks guys for the report.

Looking at the history its unclear why this ticket was missed, thanks for bringing it back up.

I was able to successfully reproduce this (After many many tries) and had development analyze this. Its a race condition in the adapter code when we connect to TWS API.

The fix requires making fundamental changes to sensitive order processing logic, its unclear if recent changes in TWS API would make you more or less likely to run into this or if a specific account type or specific order type plays a roll in this as well or why we've only got a few reports of this and its a rare issue.

In any regard due to the sensitive changes in this adapter code would require a beta which means that these changes we need to be made in our next major release of the platform which is under development and still some time out from release. I do not have a release date at this time for next major release.

In our current release, development suggests that waiting some period of time may correct the issue or cancelling the orders out, should this ever occur. This can also be done to get logged in.

-Brett
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 07-12-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

R11 our next update has a fix scheduled for this issue. We need beta testers for this version as it is a sensitive change in the core. If you are interested in beta testing please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett IB Beta.

-Brett

Comment

Is there an update to this and is there a release date for the updated version?

Comment

Hello,

This has been confirmed as fixed in the current release of R11:

We do not have an ETA on the release of R12 at this time.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Either I've lost my command of the english language, or that advisory is telling IB user with this issue, to NOT upgrade to R11.

Which is it?

Comment

Hello Steve R,

The Advisory originally asked that users with IB not upgrade, however it has since been amended to disregard that request and you may now upgrade to R11 if you are using IB.

From the Advisory: "Update: On October 5, 2012 beta testing has been completed. If you are using Interactive Brokers please disregard this advisory and update to R11."

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Nice install. No muss, no fuss, didn't have to screw with anything and I'll be damned it also fixed the problem us IB users were having.

Sweet. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes