Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound-coded block orders?

Here's an interesting idea:
    In the time and sales, you can set a sound alert (any of several) to beep when a block order goes off. So far so good. But it might be useful to have them "sound-coded" so you'd get one sort of sound for buy orders and a different sound for sell orders. Is it even possible to code something like that? (I'm doubting that such a thing is already available?).
    Thanks,
    Tasuki

Hello Tasuki,

Yes, you could code a script that plays any sound file for any condition you would like.

To play a sound with an alert, provide a sound location to the Alert() method.
    Alert(string id, Priority priority, string message, string soundLocation, int rearmSeconds, Brush backBrush, Brush foreColor)

The example from the help guide:
    Alert("myAlert", Priority.High, "Reached threshold", NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir+@"\sounds\Aler t1.wav", 10, Brushes.Black, Brushes.Yellow);

Also, see this example that is a simple demonstration of the logic in the Time & Sales window.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Chelsea, wow that went way over my head. How do I find someone with the tech savvy to code this? (and of course, how much would it cost?)
      Thanks,
      Tasuki

Comment

Hello Tasuki,

This is Ryan L. from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding on behalf of my colleague Chelsea.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes