Price frozen on certain instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price frozen on certain instruments

Starting a few days ago certain instruments will not update price on the chart unless I click 'Reload All Historical Data'. Even then price stays frozen. This issue does not affect all instruments or data feeds.

I have Ninjatrader Continuum and TD Ameritrade. CL works correctly. TF does not. Same issue on the TD Ameritrade side. Some instruments work and some don't.

As an attempt to fix, I uninstalled NT by also removing the directory in Documents. Still the issue persists. I did reinstall my templates and workspaces. I also closed my workspaces and created a bare chart with no success.

I am unsure if this is related to another issue I was having where price was incorrectly showing gaps in price as I changed from instrument to instrument. I removed the cache and tick directory from the db folder. It did fix my problem in that all data was reloaded and made accurate again. I am saying this in case it was part of the problem.

Version: 8.0.6.1

Hello ryanswood,

Thank you for posing in our forum. My first suggestion is to try resetting your instruments. This will restore the default mappings and settings for your instruments.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Once you have reset your instruments, closed and relaunched the platform, please let me know if your data is still not streaming properly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH