Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strategy does not trade in real time

Hello,

I have two strategies which are running in 5M timeframe in NT7. Both strategies are running at the same time and calculateonbarclose is set to false so they are running in real time at each new tick.
    One strategy opens long positions and the other strategy has a similar logic but for short positions. For opening a position the decision is taken when the bar closes, so all the logic for opening a position is done when FirstTickofBar is true.

I have tested the strategies in backtest and both strategies open and close trades following the logic it is suposed to (of course in real time differ).
    The problem comes when I perform both strategies in real time. It happens that just one of the strategies makes trades. The other strategy is enable but does nothing although the conditions are accomplished and it should trade.
    I don't know what to do because it works in backtest but does not trade in real time.

Thank you,

Hello bonnies,

Thanks for your post.

When both strategies are enabled, on the strategies tab are they both shown as a green status or is one yellow?

Have you verified that each can run separate with live data and will produce trades as expected?

Is it always the same one that does not trade?

Please send in your log and trace files on a day where the one strategy did not execute trades occurred while enabled and identify the two strategies by name and which one placed orders and which one did not. Send the log and Trace files to platformsupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]com Please put atten: Paul and the name of this thread.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes