Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple Connection 1 for chart & 1 for dom ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Connection 1 for chart & 1 for dom ?

Hello,

Is is possible to use multiple connections in a way where 1 connection (esignal) is used for charts and another one (zen-fire) for DOM (trading)?

I have established both connections, but when I opened DOM, I only saw 1 bid and ask. E-signal does not support marker depth on DAX, so that is why I assume dom only has 1 level.

How do I set Ninja to use esignal for charts only and zen-fire for DOM?

Thanks,
    redduke

Hello RedDuke,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use one connection for a SuperDOM and another connection for a chart. I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

If you connect with two connections the first connection is used to generate data in NinjaTrader and the second connection is used to submit orders. You can find additional information regarding multiple connections at the following link.

As per your eSignal inquiry you are correct in your assumption. If eSignal does not support market depth for a particular instrument, it will not be displayed in NinjaTrader. If you are subscribed to level II data with eSignal, you will be able to see the market depth.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

two data sources for MA

I'm raising this old thread again, hopefully things have changed. I'd like to use one connection to trade and another (primary) connection to stream data from a provider who is not a broker. Will MarketAnalyzer be smart enough to populate ProfitLoss column from the secondary connection knowing that my data provider does not perform brokerage operations? Is it configurable or the only way to get it populated is to make the broker connection primary?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello RedDuke,

... If you connect with two connections the first connection is used to generate data in NinjaTrader and the second connection is used to submit orders. ..
        So if you are connected to both eSignal and IB (and say with Level II subscriptions with both), I understand that charts would be created from eSignal data. Can you clarify which of the data seen in SuperDOM would be from eSignal, and which from IB?

Which data source would feed the Time & Sales display?

Thanks
        Scott

Comment

Hello,

Correct Billitin, the PnL should be available if your broker offers this information regardless of connection order.

scottz:

The superDOM's would be populated by the rules explained in the link provided.

MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kujista
          by kujista

Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
          0 responses