Add a trailing stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a trailing stop

It sure would be cool if we could have the option of making a stop fixed or trailing when we add a stop to an existing position. I'm talking about manual/discretionary trading, not systems or ATM based trading. Sometimes when I have a position in place, I want to leave it on for a long time, expecting a trending day to just keep slowly grinding up or down, (lately mostly down). In that cast it would be great if when I put a manual stop in place I can make it be a trailing stop, at the distance in place at the time when I place it, between the current price, and where ever the stop is placed.

Originally posted by daven View Post
    It sure would be cool if we could have the option of making a stop fixed or trailing when we add a stop to an existing position. I'm talking about manual/discretionary trading, not systems or ATM based trading. Sometimes when I have a position in place, I want to leave it on for a long time, expecting a trending day to just keep slowly grinding up or down, (lately mostly down). In that cast it would be great if when I put a manual stop in place I can make it be a trailing stop, at the distance in place at the time when I place it, between the current price, and where ever the stop is placed.
    Hello Daven,

Thank you for your post and suggestion!

I will forward this to development for future consideration.

Have a great day and happy trading!
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gravdigaz6  
    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
    3 responses