Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions

It would be nice if you can have a date/time adjust to use the market time on al displays instead of local PC time/date. I am in New Zealand which is 18 hours difference. So not only is the time off but the date as well. Our daylight savings time is differnt from the USA so you have to mentally adjust 4 times a year. I have an add on that shows USA time to help me adjust. A simple option is just to have an option to display market time. It is not a big deal but I am sure I am not alone.

Another suggesstion is would it be possible to show the cumlative orders on the super DOM with a one space offset? It is ok like it is but would be good if this numberdisplay can be slightly alternerd in some way.

imported post

Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestions.

1) Will add the time adjust option to our list of features to be considered. Believe it or not, you are the firstto have requested this. I suspect what most of our international clients do is set their trading PC to use time...but I could be wrong.

2) Will also add to our list of suggestions.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ray

Thanks for the quick reply. I considered the time change but I run other applications that I need the local time stamp.

Cheers.

Cliff

Comment

Let me dust off this old thread with a question or two.
        I am trading forex and am having an issue with system time versus market time.
        I live in US CST and in the past just always left my PC set to EST and worked with 5:00 PM as the roll over time.
        I discovered though that the data servers will not behave and be quiet on Saturday and Sunday. My charts end up with erroneous ticks for those days. Selecting the "Exclude Weekend" in chart options does not work because then the Sunday evening market is not displayed and bogus ticks that occasionally occur on Friday nights are not excluded because the weekend has not begun..
        The only way around this I have found is to set my PC to GMT+2, then the Forex markets start and stop at 0 hour, midnight and "exclude weekends" does what it should.
        It is Saturday morning as I type this but my PC says 5:25 PM and this does confuse me and other applications at times.
        Is there a way that a simple time offset could be included in Ninja? I could then set Ninja to use my system clock +7. Sierra does something like this.
        Alternatively could you make the "exclude weekends" setting more powerful? Perhaps allowing for the normal "exclude wekends" or the user could select "custom" and exclude any blocks of time from any day he chooses. This solution perhaps would be more useful for more people than just the time offset idea.
        Please let me know if I am going at this all wrong and there is a simpler solution I have missed.

Thanks for all the hard work!
        Gains

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. We will add it to the list of future considerations.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
          31 responses
          1 like
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes