Change the order of items in the ATM dropdown list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the order of items in the ATM dropdown list

This is a custom request, but it would help all of us that are using a program like AutoHotkey to automate NinjaTrader actions.

Currently when you place an order in the market, the ATM strategy of that order appears in the drop down list in the DOM marked "ATM Strategy", and it is selected. What that means is that any additional orders will be added to the strategy unless you manually change the selection in the dropdown list. This is fine.

However, now let's say I want to add another order into the market, that is NOT part of this strategy. I reset the dropdownlist back to whatever new strategy I want (not the open ATM strategy showing from the first order), then place the second order.

What happens is that all the ATM strategies for the open orders are put at the top of the list, ahead of the <Custom>, <None>, and regular ATM strategy selections.

This might not seem like a problem, but when you are trying to automate all of this with hotkeys it becomes impossible to set up a hotkey to auto-select a new strategy because the exact place where you need to specify the mouse click changes with the number of already open orders/stategies that you have. So if I already have 2 open orders and want to place a third that is not part of the first 2 strategies, all my normal strategy selections will be shifted down by 2 spots to accomodate the open order strategies listed at the top of the dropdown.

It's a very minor change and probably wouldn't be noticed by most people, but could you change the order of those items in the dropdown list so that all "open" order strategies are actually listed AFTER the <Custom>, <None>, and regular strategy selections? That way I could automate with hotkeys to always select a brand-new strategy because they would all be listed in their normal order at the top. Also, even for those people using a mouse, I think it would be better to be able to select a brand-new strategy quicker if the standard options were always at the top and the open order strategies were listed at the bottom. Currently it looks as though you are just ordering them alphabetically, as each open strategy starts with the * character, which probably comes before numerical digits and letters in the ordering scheme.... it would be a simple change to make that * character something else that would order it automatically after all letters and numbers (maybe the ~ character instead?)... it's probably a 2-second code change, if you want to do it.

It would really help all of us that automate our keyboard actions, and I think would make it easier to use for the mouse people as well to be able to see the standard strategy selections always at the top, in their normal spots!

Thanks!
    Last edited by JS999; 08-20-2009, 05:40 PM.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your request.

I will pass it on to development.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
    95 responses