Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart-Trader improvements

hi,

i am right now testing the chart trader and dom and believe there are some possible improvements.

1. funtionality "cancel if hit"

in some other trading-software you can right click on the order (in the ladder) and select "cancel if hit". if the price moves to the "cancel-point", the order gets canceled automatically. maybe right click on the "limit line" in chart trader, select cancel if hit, click on the price you want it to cancel and a new line appears in the chart, the "cancel line"

this is extremly usefull for scalpers as as it is right now, you might forget some limit orders and get in trades you dont want.

2. ability to replace the strategy of an open trade.

lets say you are in a trade with strategy one (scalping strategy) and wanna convert it into a swing trade.. right now you cannot do that automatically. you need to mange the trade manually.

i want to right click on the "avg. open line" and select "change strategy". then i select the strategy two (swing strategy) and the system cancels all previous orders (stops, targets) and creates the new orders (depending on the selected strategy)

3. multiple strategies the same time on the same symbol

if i enter a second trade on the same symbol all stops'n'stuff will get merged.. this might be a good idea in some cases but is nothing you want when you daytrade. so, if i enter a second trade, i want it to be totally independent from any existing trades. when i then move the "entry line" to the one from a previous trade, they could be merged into one, but not automatically.

4. long and short limit orders at the same time

if you wanna trade range brakeouts and dont know the direction of the break you may want to add a long and a short order the same time. i cant do this right now (maybe this is why i still dont fully understand anything ). but i want to be able to do so.

5. redesign of the ATM

right now you can have 3 entries or exits.. this might be a good start but sometimes could be totally useless. think about a redesign. maybe like this:

create strategies with 1 entry/exit only. let the user then create groups of those strategies for theirselfes.
    so, lets say you want 1 trade with 1 entry and 4 exits (somewhat constructed but you'll get my point). you create 4 strategies with the exits you want and combine them into a "group strategy 1". you can then select the "group strategy 1" just as you dit it with a strategy right now. to make it perfect, let the trader manage every strategy of an open trade within the group strategy independent. (stops, targets etc..)

thank you!
    Last edited by Goose4all; 05-25-2009, 11:59 PM.

Hello Goose4all,

I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.

As per #3, you will need to re-select the ATM strategy if you like the stop loss and profit target to be submitted at prices you defined in the ATM strategy instead of them combining with existing stop losses and profit targets.

You could also set the ATM strategy selection mode to 'KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' in the ChartTrader properties menu. Your ATM strategy will automatically be re-selected. More information can be found at the link below.

#4 You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
    • Right click in ChartTrader and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    CRITICAL Right click in ChartTrader and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you jason for your help on that. i wasnt aware of this and it seem to be sufficient for #3 and #4.

lets hope #1, #2 and #5 will become a part of ninjatrader, one day

thanks
      Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello Goose4all,

CRITICAL Right click in ChartTrader and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
        if i don't disable the oco, does that mean it wont work?

jm

Comment

Hi JustMe,

Thank you for your post.

If you do not disable OCO, any orders you place will also function as One-Cancels-Other orders. Therefore, if your original order fills, any other orders would be cancel.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hi JustMe,

Thank you for your post.

If you do not disable OCO, any orders you place will also function as One-Cancels-Other orders. Therefore, if your original order fills, any other orders would be cancel.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
            Is this only true on the same chart??

Comment

Hi JustMe,

Thank you for your reply.

No, this will occur regardless of the order entry window you are using.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes