Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding master instruments programatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bertrand your posts have been of great help
    just require the currency ID for

Canadian dollars
    Japanese Yen
    Chines Yuan
    Indian rupees

from Cbi.CurrencyId

Comment

Hello maaz1598,

Thank you for your note.

The Yen is 5, Canadian Dolllar is 2, and the Rupee is 9. Do you have a Yuan based stock that is native to NinjaTrader 7?

Comment

google data

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello maaz1598,

Thank you for your note.

The Yen is 5, Canadian Dolllar is 2, and the Rupee is 9. Do you have a Yuan based stock that is native to NinjaTrader 7?
        thanks for the currency ID , im not sure what you mean by 'Yuan based stock that is native to NinjaTrader 7' there isn't any
        default Japanese stocks as far as i know.

just a few questions

1) i cant seem to connect the symbol to google data feed, i tried doing it through the Instrument.txt file and also through instrument manager but it keeps telling me instrument cant be found, example i tried using both "HKG:1200" and just "1200" in the symbol mapping field as shown in google finance website (all stock symbols in Hong Kong are in numbers, "1200" is a stock) but it dosent work seems to works perfect for US stocks.

2) in the Instrument.txt file the last parameter (brokerage mapping ; ,,-,,,,,,-,-,,-,-,-,-,,,,-,,,-,-,-,,-,US:EBAY ) the 27th field is mapped to SharpPoint (e.g US:EBAY ) why dosent this show up on symbol mapping when i open instrument manger ?

3) is it possible to open Ninjatrader.sdf database (SQL dosent seem to work on my computer, so couldn't try it yet )

probably wondering what im up to ? let me tell you my whole plan

i am trying to load all
        -NYSE
        -NASDQ
        -TSX
        -TSXV
        -ASX
        -HKEN (Hong kong)
        -TSE (Tokyo stock exchange)
        i cant do it through "import stock symbol " in NT as many symbols are found in multiple markets which can really stuff things up.
        also i cannot adjust the tick size for different priced stocks
        thus i am using Instrument.txt along with Excel (the solution to all my problem) it has allowed me import thousand of symbols with out any clash and adjust tick size.

so far thanks to your post it has been wildly successful
        the only problem is finding a data provider (EOD) for all of them together i dont want to jump from one provider to another (dont want to be connect and disconnect all day)

so i found Google the perfect match it has all the worlds stocks symbol but i just cant connect to it

and that my friend is my story. my end goal is to create a stock scanner (through strategy builder) because NT dosent come with the most essential tool for stock trader a stock scanner, very disappointing .

anyways thanks in advance

Comment

Hello maaz1598,

Thank you for your response.

We were unable to find any pre-defined Yuan instruments as well in NinjaTrader. So there would not be an example to go off of for any Yuan instruments you wish to add.

For your questions:
          1. Google symbol mapping we have found to be quite difficult to narrow down in most cases involving foreign exchanges. You would likely find Yahoo symbol mapping easier to define in these cases (if the stock is available through the Yahoo connection).
          2. What is not showing for the Symbol Mapping? It should show EBAY. The Exchange set to Default allows for NinjaTrader to request EBAY from whatever exchange the connection provides back, so there is no need to define an exchange in the Symbol Mapping.
          3. I am sure it is possible to edit the database but this is not something we would recommend nor something we would support.

For a stock scanner have you looked into the Market Analyzer? If so, what is missing from the Market Analyzer that you need in a Stock Scanner?
          For information on the Market Analyzer please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...t_analyzer.htm
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-11-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
            Hello maaz1598,

We were unable to find any pre-defined Yuan instruments as well in NinjaTrader. So there would not be an example to go off of for any Yuan instruments you wish to add.

For your questions:
            1. Google symbol mapping we have found to be quite difficult to narrow down in most cases involving foreign exchanges. You would likely find Yahoo symbol mapping easier to define in these cases (if the stock is available through the Yahoo connection).
            2. What is not showing for the Symbol Mapping? It should show EBAY. The Exchange set to Default allows for NinjaTrader to request EBAY from whatever exchange the connection provides back, so there is no need to define an exchange int eh Symbol Mapping.
            3. I am sure it is possible to edit the database but this is not something we would recommend nor something we would support.

For a stock scanner have you looked into the Market Analyzer? If so, what is missing from the Market Analyzer that you need in a Stock Scanner?
            For information on the Market Analyzer please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...t_analyzer.htm
            thanks for the reply
            is there any source that provides free EOD data for Japanese stock (yahoo dosent provide it)?

regarding the market analyzer now that you mentioned it im taking another look into at it.
            it seems that it can do more then i thought it could, very interesting indeed.

BTW when i mentioned i was disappointed that NT didn't have a stock scanner i was referring to the lack of availability of the stock symbols built in by default , we have to import the symbols , pick the currency, the exchange, the tick size and change the tick size when the price changes and so on and then scan it (or put it through the market analyzer). regarding NT ability to scan for a condition itself i think it is the best one out in the market i haven't see any other program to compete with its C# interface

what im tying to say is NT is awesome but i just hate the instrument management system wish there was a easier way

anyways another question is there any way to add another exchange to the exchange list
            currently there is no OTC PINK (OTC MKT) exchange, is there any way to add it, even if it is unsupported can you just tell me which direction to look in and i will do my own investigation
            all i need is NT to display the chat for the OTC stock, the order will be placed manually through the broker

thanks in advance

Comment

Hello maaz1598,

I am not aware of another Free End Of Day feed that would support Japanese stocks. And there is no means to add an additional exchange, in most cases you would select Default for the exchange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              12 responses
              0 likes