Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How many Automated Strategies can you run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Automated Strategies can you run?

Probably not an easy question to answer. Feel free to to talk abstractly. I am not expecting a concrete answer, but would like keep the system within bounds. Trial and error with Task Manager monitoring is the only thing I can figure out.

It would be dependent on strategy complexity and time frame, would it not?

How would I go about analyzing/measuring my system capacity? By profiling my code with Visual Studio?

My apologies. Please move this thread to the correct forum.

Hello Nullid,

Thank you for your post.

There is no real set limit or universal benchmark. Strategy complexity and the amount of data and the type of data (tick for example) can affect performance. Other items such as leaving debugging enabled, printing, drawing objects from indicators and the general performance items can affect as well. For information on the performance tips please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nullid View Post
      Probably not an easy question to answer. Feel free to to talk abstractly. I am not expecting a concrete answer, but would like keep the system within bounds. Trial and error with Task Manager monitoring is the only thing I can figure out.

It would be dependent on strategy complexity and time frame, would it not?

How would I go about analyzing/measuring my system capacity? By profiling my code with Visual Studio?

My apologies. Please move this thread to the correct forum.
      And machine performance would be another variable. 32/64bit ... 2006 processor vs 2015.

Of course you could right some really slow indicators/logic and bring your whole system to a crawl.

The simple moving average crossover might work better without a chart - just run in strategies tab without a chart....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort  
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes