Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator naming

I was able to use underscores in my naming with ninja 7 via the paste from clipboard. How do I add an underscore to my indicator names in Ninja 8? Everything I have tried thus far doesn't work.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Using any of the wizards in NT8 will remove underscores from names automatically, this would be expected. Underscores do not follow the standard C# naming guidelines for Classes and instead should be replaced with a Pascal Case name.

You can find the standard C# naming guidelines here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.71).aspx

I have added a feature request to allow underscores in naming through the platform.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Using any of the wizards in NT8 will remove underscores from names automatically, this would be expected. Underscores do not follow the standard C# naming guidelines for Classes and instead should be replaced with a Pascal Case name.

You can find the standard C# naming guidelines here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.71).aspx

I have added a feature request to allow underscores in naming through the platform.

This has been brought up before, and I repeat with the utmost vehemence, that regardless your owning the NT platform, it is not up to you to force us to use GUIDELINES.

What you cite are guidelines by the programming language developers. it is reprehensible that you think that you can force your parochial opinions on all other developers. A guideline is NOT a ukase: it is a recommendation. Revert this.

I am normally more polite that this when I address NT staff, but this is ridiculous, so I cannot apologize for my lack of politenss in this instance.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...56615#poststop

Comment

Hi Antny,

You will have to do this manually; that's what I do.
        Create your indicator and compile it. Close the indicator and then in Documents/NinjaTrader8/bin/Custom/Indicators find your indicator and add your underscores. Reopen the indicator in the editor and add the underscore in your Indicator name.Recompile the indicator again. You will now have an indicator with underscores in the name.

There may be a better/easier way to do this but this works for me.

Comment

I agree with Konagam. While it has always been suggested to not use underscores in names, I have always done it with no undesirable effects. Because I have also not seen any problems using underscores in NT8, besides the problem of jumping through hoops to accomplish it, I see no reason to prohibit the usage.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I was not using the wizard. I was actually just saving a newer version of my indicator to work on some new features. The reason this change became obvious is due to previously being able to add underscores to the name. This was something the devs had to remove on purpose. Thank you for adding this to the feature suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeos6 View Post
              Hi Antny,

You will have to do this manually; that's what I do.
              Create your indicator and compile it. Close the indicator and then in Documents/NinjaTrader8/bin/Custom/Indicators find your indicator and add your underscores. Reopen the indicator in the editor and add the underscore in your Indicator name.Recompile the indicator again. You will now have an indicator with underscores in the name.

There may be a better/easier way to do this but this works for me.
              Ah! i had not even thought to try this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

No problem. Bit of a work around but it works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Handclap0241