Errors Upon upgrading to 8.0.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors Upon upgrading to 8.0.9

After downloading and installing the new version 9.0.9 I have two major issues.

1. There are errors in the Data Series Dialogue Box, rendering user unable to select time frame or renko or whatever. (For my UniRenko charts)
    2. It unapologetically DUMPED much of my customized workspace, announcing that I would have to go in and manually reinstall it all. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

So, it is now telling me that in order to go backward to NT 8.0.8 I need to completely uninstall the program and install 8.0.8.

Since, because of this, I am already missing out on trading in order go backward, and since I don’t want to screw something up and have to start from scratch…
    How do I go about this and retain all of my critical files and settings?

Thank you
    Last edited by BarefootHank; 09-17-2017, 07:47 PM.

Hello BarefootHank,

1. Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send them to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?t=104272' in the subject header.

2. You can uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader as per the instructions below.

You will save all settings and data including your indicators and strategies. All settings and data are located at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 which is not deleted when you uninstall NinjaTrader in Windows.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features.

Download and install NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 from the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Always backup your existing Ninjatrader directory before upgrading in case you have to revert to the older version.

Comment

Originally posted by iq200 View Post
        Always backup your existing Ninjatrader directory before upgrading in case you have to revert to the older version.
        I figured it out.
        I had been working on formulas in a copied/altered ninjascript that would plot all levels of all floor and camarilla pivots on Sunday and had not even compiled it.
        I was preparing to send it to a bona fide script writer to finish it up.

Hard to believe that it’s mere presence in an uncompiled state would wreck my trading platform…

SPEAKING of which... (new issue with rollover)

Now I attempted to roll over to the November Crude contract and once again it dumped part of my saved workspaces in my main 5 minute chart.

Can I manually roll this contract over so it doesn’t have such a devastating effect on my workspace?

I HAVE STOPPED ALL TRADING UNTIL THIS IS RESOVED, logically.
        Last edited by BarefootHank; 09-18-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

A tip I adhere to is to backup periodically when you know everything is working and you think you don't need to make any changes. That is, backup the whole of the Ninjatrader directory hierarchy (minus the data area). This will backup all your settings, workspaces, templates and indicators.

I don't trade futures so can't help you on the rollover, sorry.

Comment

I routinely back up through the platform every day and manually as well.
            I save my workspace throughout the day whenever vector objects, fib etc. is changed.

Thanks,
            Good advice.

Everything was back to normal even with the new 0.9 update installed THEN I rolled the CL contract to November and lost all workspace data in my main 5 minute chart..AARRRGHH

I made copies of all data in the x86 folder before I upgraded to save my custom alert sounds etc.
            Last edited by BarefootHank; 09-18-2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I'm not talking about the x86 folder. That folder only contains the binaries.
              Your user specific workspaces, indicators etc are contained in Documents\Ninjatrader 8.

Comment

Originally posted by iq200 View Post
                I'm not talking about the x86 folder. That folder only contains the binaries.
                Your user specific workspaces, indicators etc are contained in Documents\Ninjatrader 8.
                Got it..
                Of course covered that as well.
                Again, I do manual backups in two differenct cloud & hard drive sources independent of NT and it's dedicated folder system.

Comment

Ok cool. Thought I'd just point it in case you missed it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                  1 response