Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trade Copier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Copier

I have noticed that MetaTrader has a function called Trade Copier that allows a trader to have their trades placed in a master account copied/mirrored into slave accounts.

Is there such a function available with NinjaTrader?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Mark

Hello,

While I'm not familiar with how MetaTrader handles this you can have your trades mirrored to other accounts using account groups in NinjaTrader.

1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu and then select the menu item Options. Once in the Options window select the "Data" tab and press the button "Account Groups"
    2. Select an account that you wish to add to your Account group from the "Available accounts" list
    3. Press the "left arrow" button to move this account to the "Assigned accounts" list
    4. Give the Account Group a name
    5. Press the "Save" button

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trade Copier

Hi Lance,

Thank you for your assistance. Would the account group solution your recommended work with blocked accounts? ie. if I have several accounts where I have a power of attorney to trade their accounts, could I place their accounts in an account group and have my trades mirrrored into their accounts?

Appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,

Yes, NinjaTrader's Account Groups feature would be a good solution to use here.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was told that you could create an Account Group for multiple accounts, but if you moved a stop or exit or made any changes, that change would only be made to the Master account and you would need to open a DOM and change the order for all the other accounts in the group. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Comment

This is correct. While you're not required to open a new DOM you would need to select and modify the accounts separately after the initial trade is placed. (ATM logic would auto be applied to all accounts at placement)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
              This is correct. While you're not required to open a new DOM you would need to select and modify the accounts separately after the initial trade is placed. (ATM logic would auto be applied to all accounts at placement)

Hi,

i'm interested to the thread. Can i make a question?

Assuming I have 5 accounts with 5 different ninja trader futures brokers and my goal is trade from one account and replicate all my trading activity (open/modify/close trades and insert/modify/delete stop loss/take profit levels) to the others 4 accounts, is it possible? How can i make it with ninja trader? Do I need a third part "plug-in" in order to do what i asked for?

thanks in advance.

Comment

It is possible to have your entry order or ATM strategy replicated across multiple accounts using Account Groups: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...unt_groups.htm

However your later modifications will not be replicated, this would require a third party script/tool.

Comment

Trade Copier Fees

I am interested in setting up a user group so that I can trade several different accounts. Can you tell me what fees are involved in trading through a user group?

Comment

There are no NinjaTrader platform-specific fees for using the group account feature.

You would need to contact your potential broker regarding any fees associated with trading to their accounts.

Comment

Hello michaelsh:

Your post was removed as our Support Forum is not intended for solicitation purposes. That being said, your product may qualify for our NinjaTrader Vendor program. To learn more about our vendor program, please contact me at info @ ninjatraderecosystem dot com and reference this post.

Thanks,

Ryan
                      RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am interested in this solution ,

But a networked signal sharing system, where people can run their strategies and let people join the group and leave the group based on their account amount or emotion level.

Ninja trader of master account group should setup a secret code and the when someone joins that group he gets their access enabled. He does get the signals based on some fee .

In fact ninja trader should have this feature and website themselves they can make more money this way.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
                          Hello,

While I'm not familiar with how MetaTrader handles this you can have your trades mirrored to other accounts using account groups in NinjaTrader.

1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu and then select the menu item Options. Once in the Options window select the "Data" tab and press the button "Account Groups"
                          2. Select an account that you wish to add to your Account group from the "Available accounts" list
                          3. Press the "left arrow" button to move this account to the "Assigned accounts" list
                          4. Give the Account Group a name
                          5. Press the "Save" button

Can you use this feature with a single NT7 license?

Comment

Hi there,
                            Just for my understanding.
                            Account Groups are "only" available in NT7, not in NT8, correct?
                            And in NT7, trades can only be "mirrored", but not split across several accounts, correct?
                            Splits would mean to allow FRACTIONS of units (e.g. 100 shares across 3 accounts) or of minimum sizes (20K "non-odd" forex lot across 5 accounts), with the huge benefit that this is ONE trade (1x commission, 1x stoploss, 1x take profit, etc). Interactive Brokers can handle this ...
                            Thx.
                            NT-Roland

Comment

Hi, thanks for your post.

This feature is only available in NinjaTrader 7. Any license key should be able to do this.

There is no way to split an order between your account. It will copy the same quantity to all accounts.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
                              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jculp
                              by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                              0 responses