Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Candle Close Alert that allows custom alert messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle Close Alert that allows custom alert messages?

Hello, this is my first post at these wonderful forums.

I have downloaded an alert indicator that goes off every time a bar closes from this very forum...and it works great, other than the fact that the message in the alerts window is not configurable. I want to put in my own message so that I know which timeframe chart to look at...as it is now, it only says the instrument name in the alert window. Not very helpful if I have many different charts of the same instrument.

If a custom message is not possible, at least saying which timeframe the instrument is would be equally good.

I am attaching the indicator here...any input on how to modify this so I can set a custom message in the alerts window or somehow display the timeframe in the alerts window would be most appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ra1den; 01-30-2014, 11:52 PM.

Welcome to our forums here and thanks for the post - our NinjaScript trainee will review your inquiry and then get back in touch. Thanks for the patience.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Thanks for writing in.

You can set it up to use a custom message for the alert by adding a string variable and using that for the alert message.
        I have done this for you and provided it as an attachment as a courtesy.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 01-31-2014, 09:12 AM.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect, thank you! The level of service NinjaTrader provides never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

I downloaded this indicator today. I am using it on 4 Range bars. I do not get an alert when the bar closes.

Comment

Hello Manny1,

Thanks for your post.

I have tested this on my end to work without issue.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

I am using 7.0.1000.25, Connected to Rithmic, CL 02-15. I do not get an error message. I just don't get any message and the indicator does not plot.

Comment

Hello Manny1,

Thanks for your reply.

The indicator does not plot anything. It only gives you an alert.
                  Please go to File> New> Alerts and see if you have any alerts display when a bar closes and this indicator is applied to the chart.

Comment

Yes it prints Bar CLOSED! in the Alert box. Can it also print it on the chart? Is there any way I can make it say "Bar Closed" i.e. change the Alert format.

Comment

Hello Manny1,

Thanks for your reply.

You can see when a bar closes on a chart by just watching the chart and see when a bar closes and a new one forms. Placing the words Bar Closed at each close shouldn't be needed. If you are wanting something else please clarify.
                      If you wanted to change the audio alert you would need to custom create a PCM WAV audio file of the desired alert and modify the script to use that sound file rather than the Alert1.wav

Comment

Thank you. I do not know how to custom create a PCM WAV audio file of the desired alert and modify the script to use that sound file rather than the Alert1.wav. I will leave that up to the experts from Ninja Trader. If you ever make one, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post

If you wanted to change the audio alert you would need to custom create a PCM WAV audio file of the desired alert and modify the script to use that sound file rather than the Alert1.wav
                          I have different wav files that would actually say the instrument in real time but I dont know how to reproduce the script to multiple script files with each bearing a wav file for a particular instrument. Please guide me through this

Better still, is it possible to modify the indicator variables to include a customizable sound file option?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Using a UserInput or Variable as you noted would be the best option. This would allow you to have a single script which can be applied to any instrument and optionally change the sound depending on what you enter into the field.

If you have the source code for the indicator, this change would likely be very easy and I could likely provide some help on areas for you to edit if you can post the file.

Otherwise in the case the script can not be edited or you do not have the source code, there is likely not much that can be done in that situation as the syntax would need updated to allow the different sound files to be used. If the script did not plan for this to start with, and uses a specific sound you would instead need to contact the developer to see if this can be changed to be variable.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post

Using a UserInput or Variable as you noted would be the best option. This would allow you to have a single script which can be applied to any instrument and optionally change the sound depending on what you enter into the field.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Thanks Jesse for your availability.

First, am sorry for the delayed response, went offline for the festivities.

I however gambled (try and error) through the code (not a programmer) by coping from another indicator with that desired functionality. I got good response from the edited indicator and am happy to share it.

I will need your help though if things go sour
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ramos04; 12-27-2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888