Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What To Do With WAV Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What To Do With WAV Files?

Hi,
    I have some indicators that have the option of using wav files, but there aren't any. So I assumed I was supposed to come up with the ones mentioned in the Indicator info.

So I came up with two wav files for one of my Indicators, but where do I put them?

I had put them in C drive, Media Wave Sounds folder and that didn't work as alerts for the Indicator. I then found the C Drive NT “sounds” folder and put them there. Still not working. Also all I did was rename two files. Does that make them unworkable?

Regards,
    Sharon

Adding: I'm using NT Direct Edition platform.
    Last edited by SharonSS; 01-06-2017, 06:06 AM.

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for your post.

Check the "log" tab of the NinjaTrader control center. You might find error messages from the indicator concerning the sound files, such as "Unable to play...." where it would identify the file and path it is looking for.

Do you have the option to enter the complete file path and file name in the indicator? While it may not look like it space wise you might try that. Make sure to use the complete file name including .wav.

By default, the sound file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds you can move the files there.

Renaming should not be an issue unless the indicator is coded for specifically named files.

If these are publically available indicators you may attach them to a post and I can advise further. If you would prefer not to post them, feel free to send the source code files in the PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com mark the subject Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello Sharon,

Thanks for your post.

Check the "log" tab of the NinjaTrader control center. You might find error messages from the indicator concerning the sound files, such as "Unable to play...." where it would identify the file and path it is looking for.

I checked. No path given, said just can't find on Hard Drive.

Do you have the option to enter the complete file path and file name in the indicator? While it may not look like it space wise you might try that. Make sure to use the complete file name including .wav.

Do you mean add the path and file name to the script?

By default, the sound file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds you can move the files there.

Yes, I had moved them there.

Renaming should not be an issue unless the indicator is coded for specifically named files.

If these are publically available indicators you may attach them to a post and I can advise further. If you would prefer not to post them, feel free to send the source code files in the PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com mark the subject Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

Unfortunately, it's an indicator I got from Big Mikes Trading web site so it's not publically available. I notice many indicators from that site show sound files, but not sound files or paths where they should be. Course it's possible I missed them when looking at the script. I'll double check.
      If you could clarify my one question, I'll see what I can do. I guess you can't help since the indicator isn't publically available.

Thank you for your time and help.
      Sharon

Comment

Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for your reply.

In the indicator's parameters panel, are you able to type directly the full path and filename of the sound file?
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        118 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kevinenergy  
        Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes