Scroll chart on new bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scroll chart on new bar

Any way to make the chart scroll to the right when a new bar closes? I've found a few times I've not noticed that its out of view.

Hello reach4thelasers,

If I understand correctly, the chart is scrolled back in time so the current price bar is not shown. You would like the chart to scroll to the current price bar automatically when a new price bar is created. Unfortunately this is not supported. When a chart is scrolled back in time, you will see the >| icon in the upper right corner. If you click this icon, it will scroll the chart to the current price bar. The price marker on the price axis shows a different color as well when the chart does not show the current price bar. In addition, you can use the End key on your keyboard to bring the chart to the current price bar.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah ok... I tend to forget when I've scrolled back, or I flip to another tab before scrolling back. Guess I will just need to look out for the signs. Would be good if it could be enabled as an option to automatically scroll back. Most platforms do it by default but have a "lock chart" button on the toolbar, if you want to stop it from scrolling back when a new bar gets painted.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward the suggestion to support an option that will scroll the chart to the current price bar automatically when a new price bar is created.

Comment

This feature - or lack thereof - is killing me. I keep missing stuff due to forgetting to scroll my chart back to present.

I'm trying to think of a use-case, where a trader might want to scroll backwards, on say a 5 minute chart, and an hour later that he might want to still have the historical data in view, but not the new 12 new bars....

How might I program an indicator to scroll to end? I've had a look through the ChartControl class API but can't see anything. How might I Scroll the chart back to the end programmatically?

Thanks

Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
            This feature - or lack thereof - is killing me. I keep missing stuff due to forgetting to scroll my chart back to present.

I'm trying to think of a use-case, where a trader might want to scroll backwards, on say a 5 minute chart, and an hour later that he might want to still have the historical data in view, but not the new 12 new bars....

How might I program an indicator to scroll to end? I've had a look through the ChartControl class API but can't see anything. How might I Scroll the chart back to the end programmatically?

Thanks

Kevin.
            Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your note.

On this request there would not be a means to control this at this time through NinjaScript. This has been requested in the past and the feature request was assigned the ID SFT-1171. Please note this is not the same feature request as what my colleague Jason has requested, he will update the thread when he has further information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Alright great thanks for the feature request.

As an alternative... Is there anything I can do programatically to highlight the fact that I'm not looking at the most recent bars. Like if the last visible bar is not bar 0 then change the color of the margin - or the chart.. I know there's a fast forward symbol, but I have so many charts in front of me I don't notice it.

Comment

The suggestion to support an option that will scroll the chart to the current price bar automatically when a new price bar is created has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-877.

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
                  Alright great thanks for the feature request.

As an alternative... Is there anything I can do programatically to highlight the fact that I'm not looking at the most recent bars. Like if the last visible bar is not bar 0 then change the color of the margin - or the chart.. I know there's a fast forward symbol, but I have so many charts in front of me I don't notice it.
                  Thank you for your follow up, reach4thelasers.

Something like this would be possible by checking the ChartBars.ToIndex and verifying it is not 0 when subtracting CurrentBar from it: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rs_toindex.htm

You could then draw an object on the chart if the condition returns true.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB