Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

A direct X error has occurred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A direct X error has occurred

Hello,
    I have a problem with one of my customer related to an indicator developed by myself.

The indicator works very well on my computer and on other customers' computer but I get the following error message from that customer PC :

2017-01-05 09:30:02:681 ERROR: A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x80070008], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

This message keeps appearing on every ticks printed.

Could you help me to fix this issue

Thank you

Thank you blar58 for your report. While we can only provide limited debugging assistance for this computer due to limits on the information we have available, we will do what we are able.

As a first attack, let's try to set this customer's NinjaTrader priority to a higher process priority. This will give NinjaTrader more time and resources at the expense of other programs on the computer.

• Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the task manager
    • If you only see a few options and "More Details" click "More Details"
    • Visit the Details tab in Win10, or the processes tab in previous versions
    • Right-click the NinjaTrader.exe process, select Set Priority, then High
    • OK out of any dialog windows

Once we have done so, please walk through these publicly available instructions which will help you diagnose DirectX on the customer's system.

If neither of these resolve this query, please give as us much of the following information as possible so we may provide better assistance, either here on the forums or through an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 1635142 and Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the subject line :

• A stripped-down copy of the NinjaScript you are trying to run
    • A copy of the Windows System Control Panel window (I have attached an example)
    • Zipped copies of this customer's log and trace folders from the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder
    • A screen shot of the properties settings for this indicator

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    Click here for instructions
    Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Click here for detailed instruction
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM