Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

continuüm

Hi,

i have kinetick and recently opened a NT Brokerage account and got continuüm.

Just started NT7 again and got the message as attached.
    I restarted Nt but no luck, still same message..

Any idea?

Egards,

Rob
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Moving forward, please do not upload log and trace files to the Support Forum, as these often contain personal information that you would not want shared on the web.

I am seeing that another connection is already taking place when this error is received. Only one instance of a NinjaTrader Continuum connection can be running at any given time.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Drew,

i can't see any live connection. There is no (green) connection shown in the box (as attached).
      Even after a NT re-start it still shows the message.

How can i terminate the connection while i have no indication of this connection. I'm sure you know a trick..

Regards,

Rob
      Attached Files

Comment

Besides that,

I am able to start my standard Kinetick connection ( it shows in green Connected - IQFeed ) although NO price action is show. There is no real-time or delayed data.

Rob
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rob,

Could it be you have 2 or more NinjaTrader Continuum connections that have 'Connect on startup' enabled? Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections. Highlight a connection and click Change. Click Next and check if 'Connect on startup' is enabled. If so, please disable it. Do the same for all connections you have created. Restart NinjaTrader and check if you can connect without error.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi jason,

i only have two connections
            1. Continuum
            2. IQFeed.

Only continuüm was ticked with 'enable on startup'. Now tick removed.
            First message after restart is attached. Subsequent tries to enable connection with continuüm gave original message again.

However, my IQFeed does giet real-time data again!

Rob
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you please perform an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader as per the instructions below. You will save all settings and data including your indicators and strategies. All settings and data are located at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is not deleted when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Control Panel.

Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features.

Manually delete the C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7 folder (if still exist). Likely it has been removed, but please check anyway.

Download and install NinjaTrader and check if you can connect to Continuum without error.

Comment

Jason,

issue fixed. Well done, thanks.

However, i did get on first startup this message. By clicking ok and continued the startup is fine and both connections ok.

I do see that i've lost all my custom made strategies when right clicking in the chart....

Kind regards,

Rob
                Attached Files

Comment

and..

when i try to import my strategies, the following message appears..

Rob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files as per the instructions below.

- Open NinjaTrader
                    - From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                    - Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
                    - A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                    - At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                    - From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                    Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                    How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

send now via email platform support atn Jason with this forumpost link

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NRITV
                      by NRITV

Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                      2 responses