Collapse

Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Line':

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim, That was some good sound advise. I have notice that after any of the errors that cause lockups even if they don't ultimately cause a crash. The next unexplained errors happen in rapid succession.
    This is the point where I am usually rebuilding the workspace as it was pretty obvious the workspace got corrupted. I hadn't thought much about the templates causing an issue. What your suggesting makes for an easy way to recover and also to make any number of backup copies.

thanks
    Jerry

Comment

Hello soulfx and JerryWar,

I am offering links to older installers of NinjaTrader 8 to those that are interested in tracking when this issue became actual for them.

If you would like to help us find out when these issues started happening by testing with older versions, please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the text Attn Jim and the thread URL.

I look forward to working with you further.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am also seeing this error daily. For me, it started a few minor releases back (about 3 months) ago although I was getting other errors that were crashing and have either been fixed or morphed into this one (which is good i think).

All brushes are created as frozen and not calling OnRender() anywhere.

Now for me, I suspect it is a chart that has 2 data series on it and for one of those data series the chart cascades one indicator into another. If the other users can confirm anything similar then I could provide more details otherwise we should try and find the common thing among us.

If the error message for the next release was enhanced to provide some context like the Chart Title, Data Series, and Panel # it would be a nice step.

And here is another user:

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 210

Comment

crokusek,
          I have had several issues with Multiple data series and Errors and crashes. The first which I was able to prove, was if I had multiple series inserted in the chart by simply adding them via the data series UI. It interferred with Text objects being drawn from within an indicator which also had multiple Data Series. It caused crashes. It has not been fixed yet since the last time I tested. The next was the BarsAgo issue with Muliple data series that they fixed in 8.0.6.1 , What has remained besides the first is that I still have issue with Lines being drawn. This is also using Multiple data series but added from within an indicator. I am no longer pursuing trying to test and fix these issues. I have wasted over 6 months doing that and trying to come up with workarounds. I am just too stubborn and it took me too long to just let go. I am extremely focused and don't multitask well so I cannot pursue this in the background but I hope the above description helps give you or others more insight into the issue.

Comment

Hello crokusek,

Thanks for providing feedback.

We are currently tracking this issue with ticket ID NTEIGHT-11613. A fix can be referenced in the Release Notes of NinjaTrader 8 for the version that contains a fix for this issue.

If you are able to provide concrete steps to reproduce the issue, I will happily forward that information to our development team.

As for the error logging, I have sent a feature request for you. I will update this post with a ticket ID when this request gets accepted and tracked in our system.

Please let me know if I may be of further help.

Comment

Hello Jim, please do inform of the tracking ID of the error logging. I was trying to look through Jesse posts of NT to find it - was that support person that said would log it - try do a search on that and see this was a few months back ; so disappointing to see that it was not followed up despite repeated requests from many users for a long time - one only has to look at the log trace files to see error context is distinctly lacking and has been since beta with no improvement - i have had email support try to say it will impact performance etc etc as a rationalisation to not do it - but frankly that is a weak narrative given the numerous ongoing issues people are experiencing - yes running visual studio with code in debug mode has a caveat and warning that this will have a performance hit - but im sure most would tolerate this if it meant getting to the root of some of these errors many in different scenarios are experiencing and again we have 2 camps of using on Render and NOT using On render still generating the crash with this exception ?? Then when these key issues are resolved it can be either turned off or reduced - indeed regardless of debug mode being used should this not be used internally regardless of whether a user is using visual studio or not (which is not every case for non developers) ?
              thanks

Comment

Hello Jim correction was Jessica .. enclosed the post of 23 February where she clearly stated she forwarded to product management - the Title of the thread is a very clear request submitted by user crokusek. So what happened ?

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for finding that thread.

I am not sure what had happened with the previous feature request. I have informed the Feature Request group that this was previously submitted, and to add votes to account for the interest behind that feature.

The feature request for more in depth error logging can be tracked with the ticket ID SFT-2244.

This ticket ID can be found in the Release Notes for the version of NinjaTrader that includes this feature's implementation. Release Notes can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Great, with that said anyone reading this who is in agreement and or would like to see this feature please add your vote!
                    thanks

Comment

Since build 8.0.7.0 was released I am very happy to report that I have not seen the original issue that started this thread (so far, fingers crossed). Usually it was happening daily to me. I hope others are seeing improvement also!

Original issue was:
                      Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Line': 'External component has thrown an exception.'"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Handclap0241  
                      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Barry Milan