FIX ver. 4.4 + NinjaTrader 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIX ver. 4.4 + NinjaTrader 7

Hello, can i connect to exchange using FIX Protocol ver. 4.4?

Hello n0_namer,

Thank you for your post.

At this time, it is possible to connect only to our supported brokerage and data partners. A list of the partners we support and the various types of data which they offer can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Similarly to n0_namer, I would like to explore connecting NT to an exchange via FIX.

Is there any information available about how to do this, or any chain of communication that needs to be opened up with NinjaTrader to discuss whatever needs to be discussed to allow me to take this route?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello AnotherTrader,

Thanks for your post.

It is not possible to connect with FIX. I will send your request to add support for FIX as an additional request to development.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
          Hello AnotherTrader,

Thanks for your post.

It is not possible to connect with FIX. I will send your request to add support for FIX as an additional request to development.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
          I understand that to run NT with Trading Technologies (TT), the broker offering TT must instal the "TT FIX Gateway" (a product offered to brokers by TT). From the TT website, I found a reference to this TT FIX Gateway, which states the following in the introduction ...

TT's FIX Gateway (server-based) enables traders with trading Technologies' software applications (client-based) to connect to exchanges that TT does not natively support. It serves as a universal exchange connectivity development interface. Firms can write the TT FIX Gateway to bridge their existing exchange connectivity API and the TT API, thus allowing users of X_TRADER and TT client trading applications to connect to any market. Exchanges can also write to the TT FIX Gateway and bridge between their native API and FIX to allow TT customers to trade on their exchange.

As a developer, you must develop the connection from the TT FIX Gateway server to the market connectivity interface.

So,
          1. Does NT indeed work with TT if the TT FIX Gateway is installed? Is this information up to date?
          2. It would seem that with NT, TT and the TT FIX Gateway, NT could be connected to any exchange offering a FIX protocol connection. Is that correct?
          Last edited by AnotherTrader; 06-13-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Hello AnotherTrader,

Thanks for your reply.

To connect to NinjaTrader with Trading Technologies you will need to follow the steps in our Trading Technologies Connection Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

FIX Protocol is not supported. Development has assigned this feature request ID# 2411

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
              Hello AnotherTrader,

Thanks for your reply.

To connect to NinjaTrader with Trading Technologies you will need to follow the steps in our Trading Technologies Connection Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

FIX Protocol is not supported. Development has assigned this feature request ID# 2411

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Thanks for the response, but I think it leaves my questions (1. and 2. at the end of my last post) unanswered, and also seems to contradict a post by someone called "NinjaTrader Ray" on the following website ...

Comment

Hello AnotherTrader,

Thanks for your reply.

The API for Trading Technologies is built into NinjaTrader. There is no adapter that you need to install on your end to connect to Trading Technologies with NinjaTrader. That is correct, the broker would have the TT Fix adapter on their end.
                If you are unable to connect with your account please send your configuration file as an attachment to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
                You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
                (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml
                In the message put ATTN Brandon and include a link to this forum post.

Comment

Sorry to bring up a 5 year old thread, but I wondered if the Fix interface has been added to NT8 as per request - ID# 2411

We are considering using NT but we have an institutional account that requires a FIX connection.

Comment

TT is not supported in NinjaTrader 8 currently and no major changes are planned for NinjaTrader 7. However, I will add your vote to this feature request.

Comment

Hi, its not TT I want comparability with but the FIX interface protocol to hook into my institutional brokers account.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Our tracking system has been changed since the original post here. The new tracking number for this feature request is SFT-2089.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB